Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/20/2010 3:47:59 PM EDT
I am fixing to get my CHL soon if everything clears on my paperwork. Which it should I have no criminal record.

But here is my questions what do you do if you have to poop in a public restroom?

Anyone have any funny stories of doing just that? I'm not trying to make poop thread as I am asking a serious question and this a serious concern of mine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
put it under your hat
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Underwear hammock. Seriously. Remove before squatting. And KEEP YER FINGERS OFF 'A THE BANG SWITCH!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Unerwear hammock makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I either leave it in the holster or put it on top of the toilet paper dispenser.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry on the right side. When I...."sit", I pull my left pantleg out and put the barrel down the rest of my pantleg by my boot, magazine pointing straight towards my right leg.

Keeps it oriented upright, and ready to deploy with my right hand if needed. Also keeps it from flopping around in the grundies.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#6]
underwear hammock or reconnect belt below knees to hold pants up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If available, simply put the primary (the backup stays in the ankle holster, though it is darn near out of action with the pants down,) on the tank of the toilet or other immediately available flat surface.  If one is not available, the weapon can either stay in the holster with the belt re-fastened below the knees, or it can just stay in my hand for the duration of the visit.

And for those who laugh this sort of thing off, or who never use public restrooms for #2, all I can say is "good on ya," as I used to be the same way before IBS, which has a way of changing one's outlook on public restroom use pretty sharpish.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I would always shy away from setting my pistol anywhere but my holster. Murphy would show his face eventually, and your smoke stick will be sold for drugs, and you won't have it when you go to the gas station later that day, and someone decides to get stupid.

My opinion

Go at home whenever possible.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Set it on the TP dispenser.  I carry AIWB so it's highly unlikely that I will forget to grab it, given that I have to look at my belt buckle area when I'm done.

Jay
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#11]
depends on the scenario.  In my office I have a one holer.  So, I take it off (leaving it in the holster) and put it on the sink that is right next to me.  You could do the same thing with the back of the toilet.  Otherwise, I hold the holster in one of my hands until I am done and then I put it back on.  To me, the top of the toilet paper dispenser is frequently too small or slick and I don't generally need more than one hand to do my business.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see the problem. I leave mine in the holster, hanging off the belt right where it normally is, with no issues whatsoever.

I use a Supertuck, carried around 3:00-3:30. Is there some other holster or carry position that is creating this problem, or is there some other potential issue that I'm not aware of?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I either leave it in the holster or put it on top of the toilet paper dispenser.

+1. this way it is accessable when I hear the stall doors being kick in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#14]
i leave it in the holster and triple check everything before leaving the stall

nothing like taking your gun out of the holster and setting it somewhere then "forgetting" about it...
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#15]
don't hand it by the trigger guard in the hook
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Underwear hammock. Seriously. Remove before squatting. And KEEP YER FINGERS OFF 'A THE BANG SWITCH!

Yup

The reason I do this as opposed to setting it on something is that it forces me to put the gun back on immediately
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

+1

I drop my drawers, and pull the holster (still on the belt) between my boots/feet. Very similar to the underwear hammock.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am fixing to get my CHL soon if everything clears on my paperwork. Which it should I have no criminal record.

But here is my questions what do you do if you have to poop in a public restroom?

Anyone have any funny stories of doing just that? I'm not trying to make poop thread as I am asking a serious question and this a serious concern of mine.

I fold the gun into my pants while they lay around my ankles, and drop my underwear over it. That way, even if someone were to peek in, they couldn't see it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Underwear hammock if there's not a flat surface close by.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Plus another one.  No reason to remove your weapon.  If you are wearing a good belt you may not even need to reconnect belt.  Gun stays in holster unless it is getting fired or cleaned.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#21]
One foot against the door and gun in one hand.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Plus another one.  No reason to remove your weapon.  If you are wearing a good belt you may not even need to reconnect belt.  Gun stays in holster unless it is getting fired or cleaned.

+3
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is what I do
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Paging TexasRifleman!

Look in the CCW pictures thread for the posts by TexasRifleman on this very subject! I will try and find it, and post a link. 36 38

(Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Look at page 36 and 38 of the of the CCW picture thread for the posts by TR. Laugh at it if you will, but I do this method every time now!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#25]
We had a thread about this not long ago.

Whatever you do - DO NOT SET THE GUN DOWN - keep it on your person. You will eventually leave it in a bathroom somewhere.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

We had a thread about this not long ago.

Whatever you do - DO NOT SET THE GUN DOWN - keep it on your person. You will eventually leave it in a bathroom somewhere.

There was a thread on Indiana Gun Owners.com a couple months back about an Indiana State cop (off duty) leaving his off-duty carry gun in the bathroom of a Home Depot. Came back for it a little while later.

That story prompted me to never let it off my person.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.

Eliminates the chance of forgetting it in the crapper when ya exit too.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#28]
What about just drawing it and having it pointing at the ground?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#29]
For crying out loud has anyone read my post? Look at page 36 and 38 of the CCW picture thread.

Underwear hammock? Are you kidding me? No way I am going to draw my handgun from the holster and put it between my legs! No way in hell I am going to leave my handgun on the back of the toilet!

Just leave you IWB handgun where it is and buckle the last hole on your belt! The picture belongs to TexasRifleman

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see the problem. I leave mine in the holster, hanging off the belt right where it normally is, with no issues whatsoever.

I use a Supertuck, carried around 3:00-3:30. Is there some other holster or carry position that is creating this problem, or is there some other potential issue that I'm not aware of?

Same story with my MTAC.  Never had a problem
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone else got that link to the one that was here a few months ago? I think it was a good 6 pages long

ETA: ok i lie it was a bit less than that but This

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

+1  
Just lookout for the brown stains.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Another for the underwear hammock idea.  

I strongly recommend that you figure out a way to not remove the firearm from the holster.  It's incredibly easy, as others (in my opinion, the more responsible ones) have said.  MTAC, Duty holster, whatever, it has never been a problem for me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Good belt and good holster. I buckle my belt back once below my knees. Not only does this keep me from laying it somewhere and forgetting it, but also keeps it in a position to be placed into action if need me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#35]
The gun stays in the holster, the holster stays on the belt and I rebuckle the belt after my pants are down.   If it's a busy bathroom and I'm worried about someone seeing it, I'll take a dark blue bandanna out of my pocket and cover it.  Since I only use quality holsters with good retention and solid belt loops I don't worry about the gun falling out or the holster falling off the belt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

underwear hammock....Is that why your gun always smells like shit??
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just leave you IWB handgun where it is and buckle the last hole on your belt! The picture belongs to TexasRifleman

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seven_sixtwo/Random/DSC03424.jpg

....you took a picture of TexasRifleman dropping a deuce?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#38]
When I used to be an instructor, one of the students went to the public men's room in the gun shop and put his Beretta 92 on the back of the toilet.  It couldn't have been more than 3-4 minutes later when he realized his mistake and went back to find the pistol GONE.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This. You don't have to have your knees together, assume normal shitting position and tighten belt just below knees. Can't see gun under the stall, etc.

Link Posted: 7/25/2010 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Don't put it on the tank lid behind you or you may get distracted and forget it, specially if you aren't the type to check out your handy work when you are done.

What I like to do is get a papertowel, set the gun on it right in front of me on the floor and then fold extra length over the top of the gun so oneone can see the gun. That way it won't fall or it wont' leave my FOV.

Don't strain while holding your gun, you might have a ND from a involuntary grasping motion
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 4:30:10 AM EDT
[#41]
The local sheriffs here say that every few months they hear a story about some other LEO that left their gun in the bathroom...Underwear hammock FTW!
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Pull down pants
Sit down
Pull underwear up and over the butt of the IWB gun
Unload
Move on with life

Is this really that hard?

If that's too "complex" then then either hold your pants up using your legs and/or the belt trick.

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

x2
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

For crying out loud has anyone read my post? Look at page 36 and 38 of the CCW picture thread.

Underwear hammock? Are you kidding me? No way I am going to draw my handgun from the holster and put it between my legs! No way in hell I am going to leave my handgun on the back of the toilet!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seven_sixtwo/Random/DSC03424.jpg

The problem with that is someone could see it.

I don't know about you but, personally, I'd hate to get a visit from the cops while I'm trying to take care of business simply because I was careless and someone called in for a "man with a gun".

I carry appendix IWB, so I simply pull my pants down 'til right above my knees and sit. Hidden from plain sight and readily available if I need to blow someone away!...might not work as well if your legs aren't as long as mine though...

Link Posted: 8/1/2010 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Almost a poop thread .

I usually leave it in the holster, still on my belt (G26 / VM2) and it stays just fine. A few times I have removed the entire holster to avoid having in hang down under the stall wall being possibly visible and held it in my hand on top of my leg.  If I'm pocket carrying the J-Frame I just hold it in my hand in it's Nemesis holster. I have never set my weapon down - in or out of a holster - in a restroom that wasn't mine; and I never will .

-JC
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

....you took a picture of TexasRifleman dropping a deuce?  

Hey! Those are my boots!

And I wasn't actually using the toilet, I still had my undies on, I was sitting on the closed lid for the pic...

Link Posted: 8/1/2010 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Don't take the gun out of the holster. Get a good stiff belt and a good holster and it stays on the side where it should be.
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I tried the re-fastening the belt thing for the first time the other day. It actually works pretty well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#50]
If possible, I try to use the crapper that is up against the right wall. In that case, my leg, foot and pants block it from being seen. Otherwise I use the banana hammock. It stays in the holster.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top