Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2005 6:28:30 PM EDT
I've recently come across an SWD mac-10, preban with the threaded barrel and open-bolt firing,,, and it comes with four 32 rd cobray mags and a mag holster.... The price asked was $400... is this a good deal? I am not sure what mac-10's are bringing these days....

And the second question, is there a good holster for conceal carry for a mac-10? While not necessary it would be nice if i got a short mag and kept it under a coat or something.. maybe like one of those that are inside the pants clipped to the belt or maybe a shoulder holster or maybe even just keeping it in a large coat pocket on the inside of your coat? Any tips here?

Thanks for responding to either question, thank you!
-Typhoon
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll take a stab at answering #2 -  
(Note : I'm assuming you were asking a serious question.  If you were just joking, then I guess you got me.)

A "mac-10" of any variation would be about the last thing you would want to carry.

They are unnecessarily heavy and bulky.
You can get something a lot more reliable and accurate.
You don't want to have to explain in a court room why you shot an attacker with a "machine pistol".
A 32 round mag is going to be very tough to conceal or carry a spare.
I would be surprised if anyone makes a holster for it.  There may be a shoulder strap or something like that.  

If you want a range toy, then go ahead.  If you want a carry gun, get something more appropriate.    
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you very much for the advice on #2,, i did a lot of thinking on the whole "what if" i ever have to use it earlier, and i was leaning toward a Glock 19 for that type of thing. It was a serious note, however, and it would be nice if it were not so edgy in the court when you pull out an assault weapon.

but to #1,,, I may have to ask this in a different forum... but i thought for a pre-ban open bolt SWD Mac10 with four 32 rd mags that was a good deal.... any seconds on that?
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to help.  
The Glock 19 would be an excellent choice for carry.  I carry a G23 and have no trouble concealing it comfortably or shooting it accurately.  It has also been 100 % reliable.

As for the price, I'll have to plead ignorance there.  That doesn't sound too bad, but I don't know for sure.  Check GunsAmerica.com, or Gunbroker to get some idea of prices.  If you post here in the handgun forum asking about these, you're liable to get a lot of argument and fussing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
that is actually a really good price. and someone used to make a swing rig for those guns, the harnes is like a shoulder holster with a loop that goes around the back of the gun and hangs muzzle down under a coat. They make one for the MP-5PDW and the mini UZI.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#5]
for the price i think its decent.

a friend picked one up at a funshow during the ban for $299 with the fake suppressor and only one mag that didnt never work.

as for ccw,,,,,,,i wouldnt even bother.
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
They are not all heavy.  IIRC Desantis made two different versions.  One was a traditional type of side holster, it covered most of the firearm and was a bulky package.  The second was more like a Yaqui slide holster - the kind that is a little more than a loop and was not bulky.  There are also   shoulder holster for the MACs, ala HK style.  They work for UZI's as well as MACs and SWD M11's.  You replace the rear pin on either the M10 or SWD M11, the one that holds the stock block, and the new pin has metal snaps on either side.  These snap into the holster so that you just swing it up and fire.  It was featured by Chuck Norris in 'Invasion USA' where he had a double shoulder holster rig.  The opposite side of the holster has an (optional?) 2 mag carrier which helps balance out the weight.  They were made by DeSantis and are again available from  Northern Main Tactical Supply I worked on my shoulder holster to a more functional state for my M11.  I used the rear collar sling attachment (velcro loop with sling loop). You can either shoot from the rig as normal or pushing down breaks it away via snaps, extending the stock and then you can shoulder the stock and shoot.  If you let go, the whole rig is still retained and hanging.  On either the M10 or M11, short magazines were/are available for concealment.

The old original DeSantis shoulder holster - sorry the pic is so big

I haven't seen any new production MAC belt side holsters but I have seen pics of people using the military universal holster which will kind of fit the M11.

Link Posted: 6/27/2005 2:34:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice. If one were wearing a large coat or a long coat it would make for better use of that but that is very well, reminds me of some old movies actually...

thanks for the input everyone, i may just end up getting it within the next week.
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
You'll want one of the short (13 round capacity?) mags for in well and the full length on the opposite side.

Ivan Shapiro or Norther Maine Tactical Supply is good to deal with, he went out of his way to help me with my purchases of the above holsters.
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a very good price. I just paid double that for one from a fellow arfcommer. I've seen them go for as much as $1200.

Nice thing is they use grease Gun mags. THere's an afcommer that custom makes them. S ofi you wanted a 10 rounds concealable mag, he can make one. I picked up one of his 50 rounders for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems the open bolt semi-auto MACs sell for more than the closed bolt designs.
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Seems the open bolt semi-auto MACs sell for more than the closed bolt designs.

Most definitly.

ATF ruled in 1982 that open bolt deisgns were too easily convertable to full auto. So, they stopped further manufacture of open bolt designs.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#12]
That UZI rig is similar to what the secret service used back in the 80's and early 90's when they used Uzi's and mini-uzi's.

Anyone know if they're using them anymore? I heard they retired them for the mp5, but how would they conceal that thing?
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#13]
A MAC would be a a tad bulky for CCW, but I would so carry a G18 if I could buy one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top