Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2010 9:57:51 AM EDT
Have a guy that is wanting to sale me a Draco pistol new in box but didn't know much about them so starting looking for info. I found that sometime in 09 they had a recall on them about trigger/shear problems. Does anyone know about this and how do I know if this pistol was affected and/or repaired. I haven't asked the guy about the recall yet and he may know nothing about it either. I don't know if he bought the gun from a dealer or not.  Anything to look at on the pistol to help me out. Serial number range etc.....Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Just buy it, if it's less than $400.

It costs only $30 to replace the entire trigger group if need be.

fwiw- I bought mine in 09 and it's 100% GTG.

Check for canted sights, I guess.  If straight, BUY!
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
But how do I know if the trigger group needs replacing. I'm guessing if its not a Tapco then it needs replacing?
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Look at the left side of the trigger. If it is a Tapco it will be stamped "Tapco USA G2". The best price at this time is from Centerfire Systems (on backorder) for $329 (cash or 3% more for credit) + $14.99 S&H so make certain that the asking price is not higher than this. Of course, if you order one, you will have the FFL transfer fee.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But how do I know if the trigger group needs replacing. I'm guessing if its not a Tapco then it needs replacing?

Made me look it up.      http://www.centuryarms.com/notice/Draco%20Warning%20Notice%20Century%20Arms.pdf

Sounds like maybe a couple were doubling because of hammer follow through?      

I wonder if century will just send out new trigger groups, instead of having someone mail the whole gun in?    In any case, maybe you could call the number and get the correct info.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help. Sounds like a small problem that I can fix on my own if need be. I was able to get a Century L1A1 to run like a beat dog, so I should be able to handle this. Just needed to know what the problem was before I did the deal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I traded the guy for it today. SWEET feeling pistol. It feels and handels a lot better than you would think being as big as it looks. Can't wait to put some rounds down the pipe. Has the tapco trigger.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Great! Now we need pictures or, as they say, it doesn't exist!
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The sights, the sights.... what about the sights?
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#9]
will try to post pics later. had canted sights, i just fixed. first time fixing ak cants. has the letters RO after serial number read that means No recall problems.
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Where can we find out more about which pistols are affected by the recall?
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top