Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:54:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CommandArms01]
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 3:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melendez402] [#1]

Originally Posted By CommandArms01:
CAA AK47 CONVERSION KITS

Over at CAA we have put together 3 Conversion Kits for the AK47 ranging from BASIC, MID LEVEL and HIGH END.
Each kit has been discounted 10% versus buying all the parts individually and is available for Stamped and Milled receivers.
Available in Black, Tan and OD Green.
Take a look!

Check out the CAA site for more information on each AK47 Conversion Kit. (click here)

BASIC KIT - MSRP $188.97
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv3/parts.jpg
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv3/ak.jpg

MID LEVEL - MSRP $210.60
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv1/parts.jpg
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv1/ak.jpg

HIGH END - MSRP $599.98
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv2/parts.jpg
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv2/akcvak.jpg
I like the rail in the high end kit. Looks kinda sinister.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 2:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks great. You should also include US made magazine followers to help with the US made parts count.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the handguard on the high end kit.
Very "Badass"

Link Posted: 8/25/2008 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I love the handguard on the high end kit.
Very "Badass"

Link Posted: 8/25/2008 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to see a Handguard and Stock with the sling adapter moved as close to the metal receiver as possible  on the left side of the weapon so that I can actually start running a tac sling and not have to modify the furniture myself...
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Originally Posted By Melendez402:
height=8
Originally Posted By CommandArms01:
CAA AK47 CONVERSION KITS

Over at CAA we have put together 3 Conversion Kits for the AK47 ranging from BASIC, MID LEVEL and HIGH END.
Each kit has been discounted 10% versus buying all the parts individually and is available for Stamped and Milled receivers.
Available in Black, Tan and OD Green.
Take a look!

Check out the CAA site for more information on each AK47 Conversion Kit. (click here)

BASIC KIT - MSRP $188.97 href=www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv3/parts.jpg
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv3/ak.jpg

MID LEVEL - MSRP $210.60 hy.gif
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv1/parts.jpg
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv1/ak.jpg

HIGH END - MSRP $599.98 href=www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv2/parts.jpg
www.commandarms.com/img/productImages/akcv/akcv2/akcvak.jpg
I like the rail in the high end kit. Looks kinda sinister.

+1

I really like the pistol grip, oh wait, I HAVE ONE!
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the built in snap clip interfere with mounting/dismounting optics on a siderail?
Link Posted: 9/17/2008 1:02:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6Paul11] [#12]
Can one purchase the tube only? Also, is the tube commercial or mil-spec?
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2008 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Are the tubes commercial or mil-spec diameter?

On the milled units do you just use the upper mounting tang?

thanx

Link Posted: 9/27/2008 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I also would like to know commercial or milspec.....what stocks will fit the tube please
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#18]
How is it even possible to "convert" an AK with furniture that's not 922r compliant? Somebody, please let me in on the secret!
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By kartoffel:
How is it even possible to "convert" an AK with furniture that's not 922r compliant? Somebody, please let me in on the secret!

U.S.A. made mag body/follower/floor plate and FCG.   But this makes it a pain to use a drum....legally.

I can't wait for the move to be complete.  I use the UTG pistol grips on my AK and AR, if production starts soon then I won't have to track down a hard to find U.S. part, for a PSL conversion, to stay compliant with the caa PG.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Magpul CTR stock on a CAA tube-is the stock considered a compliance part or not?
Link Posted: 12/16/2008 2:13:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Just bought the CAA tube for my Norinco AK..  It seems as if it is too wide and will not fit into the receiver  (thicker metal on the Norinco receiver?) but the odd thing is that even if it went in all the way, the tang holes will not line up and it appears the tang is too long..  Was this engineered for only the romanian/yugo/etc. receivers without it being spec. for the Norinco brand?
Link Posted: 12/16/2008 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Your tri-rail handguard needs metal reinforcement at the forward end, and a heat shield.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dixiedawg:
Your tri-rail handguard needs metal reinforcement at the forward end, and a heat shield.

This is good feedback. Without the foward metal insert, that portion of the hand guard may melt under even moderate heat.
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Will the rail that covers the reciever work with  just the forward lower rail? Don't really want the upper gas tube rail, just curious.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 11:04:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chaval] [#26]
Recently have got a rail. CAA

No doubt, it very beautiful.

It has many problems!

- The price;
- While extracting the fired case hits the rail;
- It is impossible to disassemble the weapon for cleaning not removing a rail;
- From frequent use the carving on a rail wears out;
- Problem with a butstock at Saiga MK-03; MK;.
- A pile of problems for quite high price

The detailed photo-report Guns.ru
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Will any AR stocks fit on that faux-buffer tube?
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#28]
i just bought the collapsable stock  for my romy ak from caa. and yes, ar stocks will fit  on them. i tried various stocks that were on the ar and it worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I have several CAA products for my AK: Tri-Rail lower, the UPG47 pistol grip, and the CBS6 collapsible stock. All of them are top-notch products and work really well.

CAA's customer service is alos great. I sent an e-mail last week that I had lost the plug that caps off the "buffer tube" on my CBS stock, and I needed to buy another one. The next day I got a phone call form CAA. All they asked for was my address and they mailed a new one to me.

While my AK is 922r compliant as it is, if CAA starts producing these products in the USA, I will probably replace all my existing CAA accessories with US-made CAA parts, just to be double safe. Great products, great company!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TheWarhammer:
I have several CAA products for my AK: Tri-Rail lower, the UPG47 pistol grip, and the CBS6 collapsible stock. All of them are top-notch products and work really well.

CAA's customer service is alos great. I sent an e-mail last week that I had lost the plug that caps off the "buffer tube" on my CBS stock, and I needed to buy another one. The next day I got a phone call form CAA. All they asked for was my address and they mailed a new one to me.

While my AK is 922r compliant as it is, if CAA starts producing these products in the USA, I will probably replace all my existing CAA accessories with US-made CAA parts, just to be double safe. Great products, great company!!!

Customer service is nice but the warehouse  and some of CAA's policies kinda suck. I initially ordered a UPG47 grip and lower handgard rail and received them like 6 weeks ago. The grip came with the plastic but no hardware. I called CAA customer service the next day and was told the hardware would be mailed from warehouse Feb 17th, never came. I called again 2 weeks later and another request was put in to warehouse, never came. I order a foreward grip and received it no problem. I email CAA with a buttstock question, no response. I call customer service a third time  and just went ahead and phone ordered a AK CBS tube and stock and asked the CSR to please include the grip hardware in the UPS box. The next day CAA bills my card but I don't get an email tracking number So I call again to inquire why I havent got the tracking number.  The CSR tells me that my order has not shipped yet pending final approval on my card. I am really dissapointed for 2 reasons , the first is this is my THIRD no funds problem order with them, and the second is in the decades that I been placing card orders as soon as the card is approved, its processed, not this final approval garbage, days later. The best part is I notice on the website that there is free shipping on orders over $50, so I asked the CAA CSR about this and she nicley tells me that discount is for internet orders only. I would have happely placed an internet order but since they kept not sending the hardware for my plastic paperweight I had no choice but to call them for phone order, so go figure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheTic00:
You should search the EE and order from CAA dealers like me or the other dealer that carry CAA items.  In most cases I will help fix issues with products and if I cant I will push on CAA to help you out.  Also when you buy on AR15.com you support AR15.com, the smaller dealers, you will get a lower price and you will get you items MUCH faster.
I always sell at the lowest price I am allowed to and even lower on clearance items and I always ship the same day payment is received or immediatly the next day.

Derek

Hi,
  I thought I was supoporting AR15.COM when I clicked on ther CAA box at the top of this page.
Plus I wanted the furniture in OD and it seemed like it was just black & tan out there, lol
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheTic00:
I guess you are supporting since they have a banner now.  Just know its always cheaper through one of the smaller venders.  I will match any shipped price that is lower than mine.  My shipped prices are low enough that I have never had to match a price,.  Also I carry all the colors and OD is normaly a color I have ALOT of since its normaly a low seller.

If you cant get them to fix issues shoot me an email and ill get you in contact with someone that should take care of things.

Derek

Thanks, I appreciate that. Hopefully things will work themselves out on this one

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I have the hand guards from the first kit on my AK right now. It is a nice piece, but I did have a little trouble getting it to fit my Romainian WASR10 correctly. It needed some filing to get the upper guard to sit straight. I have used CAA for years on my service M4 and love the products; they have been with me through two deployments to Iraq.

Has hanyone used the CBS on their AK yet? I've had one on my M4 for two and a half years now or thereabouts and love it. Wondering if it works as well on the AK. Does the ACP help with optics since some tend to sit higher on the AK than on the AR?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:53:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cavpara] [#37]
Sure does make the AK look as mean as its reputation. It's just too pricey for my blood, even as a gadget hound. How do you like that rail? Did it fit well or need some adjustment? Also, what's your opinion on the ACP, does it help on the AK?

I will say that CAA's support for deployed soldiers has been very good. I have always received my orders in a timely manner, which is more than I can say for some companies. CAA has never had an issue mailing to an APO address. This more than anything has kept me coming back, and I have kitted out two sevice M4s as well as my personal AK with CAA items over the last three years.

Quality is also excellent. I have had my CBS through two Iraq tours and it has survived more than I would have ever expected.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#39]
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9196/dsc00361k.jpg

This is my current service M4. I have used the CBS for two tours in Iraq on many, many patrols. I took off the doors to the battery compartment as I don't use it for storage. I do have and ACP for this, but the optic sits about right without it. The CBS has poven to be tough and reliable and has been beat around in and out of vehicles, on raids, and through palm groves. rain, sand, and heat.

The pistol grip is CAA's modular grip that has front and rear attachements to size it to your hands. I had a CAA pistol grip before, forogt which one, and it was just too large for my hands to comfortably get to the safety quickly. This grip is great- very comfotable and much better shaped to me individually. Also, it works well with gloves because you can make it slimmer. The grip has a small storage compartment but I don't like to keep tp many things on my weapon.

The foregrip was bought from Mako, but correct me if I am wrong, doesn't CAA produce something similar?

I also have the PRS stock for use on a home-build SPR AR when I get back. It is a good stock as well, but not as conducive for shooting on the move. I use one of the light mounts on my Surefire G2, not currently attached to the M4.

All in all I am very satisfied with CAA's quality. I have only seen one piece from this company break, under extreme usage, and most of my pieces have lasted several years in combat zones. When I get around to building an AR back home, these will be added over to that.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2839/ak47q.jpg

This is the current version of my little WASR10 blaster. The buttstock is Tapco, and I really don't like it. It's too long for my liking, wiggles a lot, and just doesn't it the look I like. The handguards are CAA and took some fitting to get them to sit right. One of the plastic pieces that space the upper from lower portions broke during installation so it's no longer steady enough to mount an optic (The leupold is my own optic for my M4 usually).
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#40]
the only catch, everything is on back order and though it's nice stuff, you can just buy another gun instead of the conversion. What's up? you finally figured out how to scope an AK but your already dead because it was on back order. LOL
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 3:26:47 AM EDT
[#41]
What is the difference between Fab Defense and CAA aside the name?  Just noticed that Fab Defense's VFK AK47 rail system doesn't expose as much metal on the on the charging handle side. In fact after catching a picture on their Fab Defense CZ website the newest model has all of the support on the left side. Probably to correct the issue of a shell hitting the rail.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#43]
So, what does it "convert" it to?
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Has anyone put the stock tube on a SLG20? If so, did it require any fiting?  <<<gunsmithing challenged
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#45]
x47 kit is extremely nice and would love to mod my ak with this furniture but i think i might need to get a grant for it!  $$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#46]
the high end x47 looks great and would love the add but is too much for my wallet
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 2:23:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By drod82:
the high end x47 looks great and would love the add but is too much for my wallet

Yep, kinda hard to justify $500+ kit on $300 firearm
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 1:41:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTic00] [#48]
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Really like what you did with your ak-TheTic00, not usually a big fan of the folding stock but looks great. The rails are also not overdone but look like they are set up right for other accessories.
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 2:02:09 AM EDT
[#50]
i like the ORANGE version AK47 that i can detect it among the gun toys ^^
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top