Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/28/2008 8:21:41 AM EDT
So, I shot the tantal again yesterday, and I had a whole bunch of Keyholes. I ran it with the 52 grain ammo, the 60 and 70 as well. All Keyholed. I have begun the debate with Century about this, and I was wanting to know if those with this problem have had any success in getting the rifle fixed.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a  CIA Tantel from Classic Arms serial # under 1000. It was keyholing every shot with Wolf military classic 70 grn. They sent me a shipping label for me to return gun. They sent me a new gun serial # 23xx. They paid the shipping both ways ...I had to pay for 2 transfers. The new gun was not as good looking....some grinding on barrel under the flash hider and slight discoloration on various parts. Just came back from the cabin and can report that it shoots fine! I shot 1 mag with 25 rounds in it to warm up the barrel good and then another with 10 rounds. All rounds on target at 35 yards with nice little round holes! All is well.  Send it back and request higher serial #'d gun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had a  CIA Tantel from Classic Arms serial # under 1000. It was keyholing every shot with Wolf military classic 70 grn. They sent me a shipping label for me to return gun. They sent me a new gun serial # 23xx. They paid the shipping both ways ...I had to pay for 2 transfers. The new gun was not as good looking....some grinding on barrel under the flash hider and slight discoloration on various parts. Just came back from the cabin and can report that it shoots fine! I shot 1 mag with 25 rounds in it to warm up the barrel good and then another with 10 rounds. All rounds on target at 35 yards with nice little round holes! All is well.  Send it back and request higher serial #'d gun.

When you sent yours back, did you need to send them a copy of your receipt? I have not had a chance to shoot my CAI Tantal, but feel I may have to do the same.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but im sure the OP would like to know what he all needs when he sends it back to century as well .
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top