Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2009 1:41:47 PM EDT
I would imagine the steel ones are tougher, but the Orlite ones won't rust and are lighter.  I have the Orlite AR mags and have had zero problems with them.  But they don't have the locking tab on the back.  That would be my biggest concern with the Orlites.  What have been your experiences?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I only have one steel 35 rounder, fits tight, would like more if I could find them .As a plus it also fits my Saiga 223 like a glove, but my Saiga mags wont latch in my Galil.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have the Orlite AR mags and have had zero problems with them.  But they don't have the locking tab on the back.  That would be my biggest concern with the Orlites.  

AR Orlites are for AR's, of course they don't have locking tabs on the back of them. Galil Orlites are completely different than the AR mags, and have locking tabs. If you want to be able to use your AR Orlites in a Galil, just buy an adapter from Magnolia State Armory - http://magnoliastatearmory.com/products-page/magnoliastatearmory/galil-ar-adapter/.

I have steel Galil mags and Orlites. The steel mags are heavier but built like a tank. The Orlites are slightly longer and I find them harder to load than the steel mags. That being said, I find myself using the Orlites more that the steel mags.

If you already have a bunch of AR mags and no Galil mags, just buy the MSA adapter. Much cheaper option than trying to buy Galil mags at $35 a mag... if you can find them.

Link Posted: 9/22/2009 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My bad.  Not sure why my post was so vague.  I meant to say I have had zero issues with my Orlite AR mags and was wondering if the Orlite Galil ones are as robust.  I would think that the only weak spot would be the locking tab and was wondering if anyone has had this piece break?  
I'm aware of the AR mag adapters, but they're damn expensive and then I'm stuck with five less rounds.  I have three steel mags and no desire to buy the adapter.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Rear locking tab on the Galil Orlites is metal, shouldn't have any problems with them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2010 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]
more photos on link below... I added one photo to this post.    and both orlites do work well for me.   no problems.   i also have 2 - 12 round IMI metal magazines

Orlite Mags would not fit Century Golani until I accidentally 'fixed' it. Photos included

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=92&t=116999

" target="_blank">
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top