BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2008 6:09:46 AM EDT
What do you think?

Link Posted: 9/26/2008 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really my style (I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to Yugos) but as long as you are happy with it that is all that matters.  Enjoy...
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Love it.  Not traditional, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
magicmissle.

When you remove that red dot, does the top rail block the view between the rear and front iron sights?  

Also, do the iron sights co-witness in the red dot 's field of view?
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a buddy with that rail on his Vector and man does it get hot.  You may want to look into getting a VFG as well.  I'm not sure those covers will do their job well enough.  Nice gun though!  
Link Posted: 9/27/2008 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Well...you asked...
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
magicmissle.

When you remove that red dot, does the top rail block the view between the rear and front iron sights?  

Also, do the iron sights co-witness in the red dot 's field of view?

yes I can see irons with the red dot removed, nope sights dont co-witness in the red dots fov.
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#7]
magicmissle,

Have you had the opportunity to run a few mags though the rifle to see if the Quad Rail using rubber grips gets any hotter than wood grips? (rubber melting in hands scenario or getting soft)

It would seem that the Quad Rail should run cooler than wood foregrips because of ventilation, unless the top rail touches the gas tube or the bottom rail touches the barrel, transferring heat.

Link Posted: 9/29/2008 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
magicmissle,

Have you had the opportunity to run a few mags though the rifle to see if the Quad Rail using rubber grips gets any hotter than wood grips? (rubber melting in hands scenario or getting soft)

It would seem that the Quad Rail should run cooler than wood foregrips because of ventilation, unless the top rail touches the gas tube or the bottom rail touches the barrel, transferring heat.

Hey Bigtex,

Nope I havnt had the chance yet, I live in las vegas and am heading out for work this week to LA. I will make you a deal, I will do a full range report/review video when I get back sometime next week. Give me a list of things in this thread that you would like me to cover in the video.

Link Posted: 9/29/2008 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you have a non contact infrared thermometer?

I would be interested to see how hot the top of the rail gets.
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do you have a non contact infrared thermometer?

I would be interested to see how hot the top of the rail gets.

More than willing to buy one as I can find a bunch of uses for it. Come to think of it I might be able to use a friends FLIR..
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it looks good.  

Does the underfold lock back into place?
Does it feel like it will hold zero on an EER scope?

Link Posted: 9/29/2008 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
magicmissle,

Hey Bigtex,

Nope I havnt had the chance yet, I live in las vegas and am heading out for work this week to LA. I will make you a deal, I will do a full range report/review video when I get back sometime next week. Give me a list of things in this thread that you would like me to cover in the video.

Quoted:
Quoted:
magicmissle,

Hey Bigtex,

magicmissle,

A test and video is a great idea if you have the time and might clear up a few uncertainties about the Quad Rail system, since it is new!

Here are a few questions for starters (I am sure the other guys have additional questions):

1.  Does the top rail affect the gas tube operation (pushing down on it).
2.  Temperature of top/bottom/side of rails after about 5-6 mags.
3.  Does the rail with rubber panels run cooler than the wood handguards because of better heat dissipation?
4.  How do the UTG rubber panels hold up after 5-6 mags (melting slag or nice and toasty or warm).  Would Magpuls or Tango down rails be a better choice?
5.  Does the red dot's electronics hold up after numerous mags (being mounted on top of a rail over the gas tube and barrel) or do they cook.
6.  Does the red dot hold zero/POI after numerous mags.
7.  Overall quality of the rail during operation.

Link Posted: 9/30/2008 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice weapon Magicmissle.

The rails keep the gun alot cooler than the wood does. I love the Ultimak rails I have. I had no idea that UTG made rails that would fit the M70. they look nice though.

heres mine...

notice the trimmed grenade sight to allow use of an Eotech

and a link to the entire build....check it out
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=89&t=108766
Link Posted: 9/30/2008 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]
A side folder Yugo with an Ultimak rail - excellent Furious.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top