Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:30:17 AM EDT
All,

I emailed with Troy Sellars today and found out he has started the Krinkov Project.

This thread will be an open invitation for him to post updates as he progresses with your builds.

Feel free to ask him questions, but please remember....he has a full time job and does this in the evenings and on his days off.  If you ask him a zillion questions, it just eats up his rest time....the last thing we want is a tired gunsmith.....

Have fun !!!!!!!!!

KF
"Deployed"
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
All the tear down has been finished for a while. I've started the layout and rear trunion modification. Next is the etching. Hope to have some pics up tomorrow.
Thanks,Troy
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for keeping us posted Troy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
all i know is "i used to hate
AK~S" now when i'm finished getting my 2nd sar-2 ~~74 clone, i will have to take the leap and get me a krink. i hate all of you for doing this to me. i have gone to the dark side.

john
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I can not wait to see what the Poly AKS will look like when it gets back home from the repairman!

I love the Krink look and I will have mine.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey troy,
How's it shakin'? Where's my krink?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello Troy,

What is the best US made fire control parts to use in a post-ban semi only 5.45 Krinkov? Best Regards, AK
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hello Troy,

What is the best US made fire control parts to use in a post-ban semi only 5.45 Krinkov? Best Regards, AK

I'll answer that question for him: It is the Redstar FCG. Is fully adjustable which will work out great for bumping the damn thing.
Troy has the RSA FCG's on hand for his builds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Rot has some pics he's posting for me. We are up to about 25 pieces. I finally had to cut of accepting them for this build.
Troy
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Rot has some pics he's posting for me. We are up to about 25 pieces. I finally had to cut of accepting them for this build.
Troy

Troy, you are up way too late on a holiday, go get yourself some well deserved sleep.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:24:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#14]
what happen to the pic ????
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Pics. Please! :) AK
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Forgive me, I had internet problems and they will be posted tonight...........honest.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah baby!!!!!  Krinkovssssss.....Krinkovssssss.....KRINKOVSSSSSSSSSSS.......

This dance is for everyone getting a Krinkov !!!

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone heard of any new updates?  I don't want to stop the man from his building!
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been in Street Survival School all this week. Damn simunitions hurt on bare skin and pepper gas always sucks. Been a good week though. Have a long weekend coming up look for photos Tues.
Thanks, Troy
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#22]
That pepper spray is not the most fun, but it is a livable situation (DON'T ASK).  Take care of those wounds and thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Troy,
Thanks for the information you gave me this morning on the phone.  

I wish that I had gotten in on this build, but the extra time until the next run will allow me to rationally ponder what you told me about side folder vs. under folder.  I really like the "cone" flash hider but the four piece sounds like the way to go for 7.62.  

I may need to get one model of each.

Mario
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#24]
All The bbls. done rear trunions done also. BBl. press and rear latch left. Stay tuned.
Troy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#25]
hey troy, any updated pic yet.??
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:34:10 AM EDT
[#26]
btt
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:08:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#28]
He's making mine as an SBR.  My Form 1 has been pending since late May), so I'm in no rush! :-)
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#29]
I was really in hopes that I would have mine in my hands before school started back--Aug. 15th.  But alas, it looks like it will not be so.  .
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
We are in the final stages of assembly. It's very time consuming now. A lot of personal time with each rifle. Should be shipping rifles a couple at a time in about two weeks. I really can't wait for KF to get back. His motto was "pictures, pictures." He kept me going with the camera and updates.
Later, Troy
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:32:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Brother I'm just a few days away now.....should fly on the evening of the 23rd and arrive in Ohio sometime late on the the 24th.

I'm shaking the sand out of my drawers for the trip home!

I will be going to Gatlinburg shortly after my return and should be driving thru your area.  I'll get with you after arriving in the states for more specifics.

KF
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Just give me the dates and we will roll out the red carpet. I'm getting ready to roll over to day shift. So I will have a FEW evening hours free.
Troy
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#34]
At least six are shipping this week. More next. Sorry for the delays guys. I guess we can call it growing pains.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
any new update's
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Madhatter,

I checked in with Troy yesterday, and your Krinkov is near completion.  He went on to say that he also had 12 Krinkovs ready to spray.

I asked him how things were going and he said things were pretty busy.  Evidently he has picked up quite a few "repair" projects in the last month or two.

Everyone needs to remember that along with the current Krinkov project, and the next AK-74 project, he's trying to get work done on the new facility behind his house.  Oh, and don't forget....he has a fulltime job with the Police Department.

Troy and Christy Sellars of InRange have done extraordinary work for the "AK Community" and at the same time provided exemplary customer service.  Let's not forget this....I can imagine if I had made a "wrong turn" in June of 2001 with my first Krinkov Kit....I would still be waiting years later for a completed project.

I believe we are in the midst of a great window of opportunity to collect AKs, and it may be coming to an end based on the recent and tragic turn of events nationwide, as well as the possible upcoming AW Ban renewal.  I can't remember a better time than now to purchase AKs other than the late 80s (prior to the import ban).  I remember my first AK....a Polytech AKS-762 from Southern Ohio Guns.  Cost me $289.95 and came with the works!!  Can you believe I got rid of it a few months later after shooting three 30 rounders in succession, and burning my fingers on the gas tube.  I still remember calling it a piece of "shit" because of the toasted fingers....

We are fortunate to have people and companies like:

- Ken at Red Star Arms (love those trigger sets)
- Todd and Mike at Ohio Rapid Fire
- Troy and Christy at InRange
- Ohio Ordnance (for those inexpensive receivers)
- KVAR Corporation (kits, kits, and more kits)
- Magua Industries (for those $259.00 5.45 Krink Kits)

and let's not forget the knowledge, experience, and expertise of our members and staff here on AR15.COM

Let me wrap up this rambling with one last piece of advice....if you want it, you better get it now before the well dries up.

Take care all,

Cya at The Creek in October!!

KF
"Team AR15.COM"

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Well, I am waiting patiently...
Hope he gets caught up as I have a preban SBR Krink I am getting together to have him build. Have kit, Norinco 84S is on its way to me this week.
Should I consider ORF instead, Krinkfreak?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Ooof....you're planning on donating a Norinco 84S for the Krinkov project?  Hmmmmm....I can only assume the rationale for utilizing the pre-ban would be for the side fold capability.

I ran into a friend the other day who has a mint condition GSAD pre-ban fullstock AK.....He was considering doing the same thing.  I talked to him at length and explained the ins and outs of preban vs postban.  

We all want short barrel and side folding AKs, but lets look at this intelligently....

A short barrel Krinkov is a must.  It's going to cost you $200 for an SBR Tax Stamp, with a trip to your local Chief LEO for a paperwork trip.

A side folder Krinkov is a different story....We want the stock open because even though it has an extremely short barrel, it's still pretty damned accurate.  On the other hand we want the stock out of the way because shooting from the hip and spraying lead as fast as you can is just too damn cool, and we don't want that stock to get in the way of our fun.  

Hmmmmmm.....Question.  What's wrong with a Krinkov with a quick detach buttstock?  What are the legal and 922r ramifications???  Time for our "Board Lawyers" to chime in on this one.

I was up at Ohio Rapid Fire the other day and handled a Post '86 Dealer Sample STEN Gun.  The buttstock on the STEN detached very quickly for disassembly.....wouldn't this be cool to have on a Krinkov????  A quick detach Triangle Buttstock that you just unclick and stick in your back pocket while you "John Wayne" your Krinkov????

Soooo....."what would I do if I had a pre-ban AK?"

I would leave the Norinco 84S alone and hang on to it for what it is, or I would find someone who wants to buy it for what it is.....A full length "pre-ban" AK.

I would then pull the money out of my backside and round up the pieces required for a post-ban Krinkov, SBR it, and then figure out how to make the quick detach buttstock.  If it's legal to do so (we should have an answer soon from our Board Lawyers) then I am sure Ohio Rapid Fire will label it as "Project X" and begin to design the prototype soon.

InRange is not necessarily "behind" in their workload, they just have a lot of work to turn out to make all of us happy.  If your Krinkov Project does not fall within the current or future schedule of builds at InRange, then I would definitely check out ORF.  I have two InRange Krinkovs, and one ORF Krinkov.  The ORF Krink is in .223 and it belches a nice fireball on every round fired......

Hope this helps.....just my opinion.

KF
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I think that making the Krink with a detach stock is probably manufacturing an AW and therfore illegal. In any event, to make it a SBR or to use without stock still requires registration, etc.

Since I want an SBR Krink with Folder that is what I am going to get
Financially is not really much of a loss:

Sell off 84S parts(got it for $800) and 3 mags(worth $30 apiece or so) and I am not really too far behind the price of even a Hungarian rec or butchering an SAR which still leaves me with a postban rec I cannot fold.
The 84s is in excellent cond but has had the stock refinished so I feel less guilty building a Krink out of it.
And I already have plenty of 5.45 mags.

Thanks for the input, Krinkfreak. The pics of your kid with the Krink were awesome, BTW.
Hoping to have my postban OOW Krink soon. Been a long wait.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Excellent plan of action.

Let us know how it turns out and post lots of pics.

I will be at The Creek, hope to see you there.

KF
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll get pics up but it'll be awhile I expect.

Doubt I'll make it to the Creek this year. One of these days I'm going to make one of these things. Really want meet some of you guys. Can't wait for Campybob to try to buy my SBR Krink folder for $95 with his Shotgun News from 1967
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#43]
I wonder if its too late to get in on this Krink deal...

I have a Chinese MAK 90 that I bought in 90. It was imported by Sile. How hard would it be to have it transformed to a Krink? Anyone?

TimH.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Converting it to a Krinkov would not be a problem.  However, after you spend $400 at KVAR for a Krinkov Kit, you may as well spend an additional $50-$75 for an OOW receiver.  That way you can keep the MAK90 intact.

You can find Krinkov kits here:

www.k-varcorp.com

Then you can call some of the gunsmiths listed on the "tacked" thread above.  Check their labor costs, etc.  Once you find the person you want to build your kit, mail it off to them.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

KF
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#45]
OK... Im new to AK conversions .... Who makes the OOW reciever and whats the story on these? Post-ban ofcourse.  I went to K-Vars web site and refreshed my memory on the price for the kits. Not bad since they are pulled off of new weapons (last time I knew)

I now agree that a new reciever is the way to go.... I like that AK and its my first one that I ever bought. It would be nice to keep it in its current configuration.

Just a ball park figure.... whats the average price for a conversion? I have to plan these things so I can squirrel away the loot from the wifey LOL

Thanks again!
TimH.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone gotten their gun back yet? If so, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#47]
AWE GAT DAMMIT ! ... can i still get in on this ? .. how much ? ... does troy at in range have a web site ? ... argh !
can i get this in 7.62 ???
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone heard from Troy lately? Must be knee deep in AKS?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Troy certianly keeps busy. Check out his website, his shop is dam full of AK'S!
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top