Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/31/2011 10:45:34 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Optic Specific Midwest Industries Krink Handguard and a Aimpoint T-1.  This would be for a Bulgarian Krink 74.

I'm looking pretty hard at it and wondering about the pros/cons.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=413
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Cant say Ive tried that specific model but i did just install their standard rail On my Yugo m92.
I cant say enough about how good the quality of their kit is.  Honestly, for the price I was expecting to have to use my dremel to make the.kit work like I had to do when I installed the UTG handguard on my Polish UF.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I am looking at this handguard as well.......would love to hear some feedback on it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried an Ultimak and a T-1.  Found that the co-witness iron sights blocked off most of my view thru the T-1.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I just traded for a T-1 and ordered the Midway handguard.  Will let you know how it works out. :)
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't comment on this specific setup, but MI is the best available, in my view.  Have one of their units on a plain-jane WASR with a Primary Arms T1 clone.  Outstanding; lower 1/3 cowitness.  Rock solid mounts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]
That seems like a cool combination but what happens when you take it apart for cleaning?  You then have to re-zero?  That sounds like a PITA.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 3:08:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a universal model on my Norinco, with a US Palm top with a Primary Arms.

I like it so far, but it barely co-witnesses, so I am going to bring it up about 1/3 of the field of few, which really shouldn't make that much of differance.

I am buying two this Friday, one for my SLR-107UR and another for my Yugo M92, both with the US Palm tops and these will both have real T-1's on them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the Krebs version. It worked well; was better than the MI version as it does not rely on barrel clamps. However, it did not co-wittness.

Link Posted: 5/27/2012 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#9]
If you run a lot of ammo through the weapon in a short period of time and do not use a VFG, you will find that the handguard gets extremely hot. With a VFG, blast all you want. The mounting system on these is extremely solid, but does transfer heat from the barrel to the handguard. I have the extended SS on a Draco and can't run a VFG until I get around to converting to rifle, so I have to deal with the heat until then.
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
SLR 106UR and a Ultimak with PA mini I get center co witness. works well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I ended up going with the Midwest Industries handguard.  I haven't shot it yet but I like how it looks and feels. I am using KAC M4 panels (had them laying around and need to cut them shorter to fit).
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top