Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 9:47:40 AM EDT
About to pick up a SAR-1 on thursday and never owned an AK before and I keep seeing this pop up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The presence of trigger slap is when the trigger resets after you fire, i.e.- the hammer falls from the disconnect to the primary sear- the trigger "jumps" forward and slaps your trigger finger.  The trigger should return smoothly when normal.  When it is trigger slapping- it is not smooth and with reptition can "hurt" your trigger finger. It's mostly annoying.

Trigger Slap can be fixed if present.  I haven't had much of a problem with TS so I don't technically know how to fix it.  Hopefully it won't be an issue for you but if it is- you know where to go for advise.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks. i saw something about getting a new one from redstar. i'll find out soon enough if its a prob.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
gplg,

Look at the sticky at the top of this forum; update on my romanian page. linx310 has a great tutorial on trigger slap fix. I've done the mod on all of mine, & it works slick. It's also a lot cheaper than a new fcg. I'd reccommend getting the Red Star retainer plate so you don't have to mess with re-installing the shepards crook. I'm told not all sar's have the slap problem, but all 8 of mine did. Do the mod & be done with it!  PS: Do the polish job too while you have it apart.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I fixed the trigger slap on my SAR. TS almost every round, pretty bad.

So, took out that friggin disconnector and cut off the back of the disconnector so it was like the original AK disconnector.

Works fine and it cost me only about .12 cents in electricity.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#5]
SAR2 no slap... SAR1 After about 800 rnds started slapping like hell so I did the trigger fix also works great..Like Sturmwehr said the price was right!!! Or get a G2 alot cheaper..IMO
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Buddies WASR-10 does this bad. His trigger is nasty to. It doesn't break till almost the very end of the pull. I hate shooting it. He shot mine with a TAPCO g2 trigger group and loved it. No slap and the pull is much much better. I'm sure a RSA adjustable would kick ass but its pretty pricey.

My stock MAK90 trigger wasn't bad. And didn't slap. Just stuck the g2 trigger in for U.S. compliance parts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have G2's in all of mine except my WASR-10. i didnt wanna change nothing on her as she "bumps" like no other and I didnt wanna mess that up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think my SAR1 has it
based on the complaints I think I'd notice if it did
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
mine had trigger slap so bad that after a few rounds my finger would get sore and numb. Put in a G2 and now everything is honky dory.

I also modified my century FCG to G2 looking and it put it into another gun and it feels just like a G2. not sure how long it wear. I may need to heat treat it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#10]
It seems odd to me that some can say they don't have it and others (like me) can have it and so bad to boot? If the parts are all the same design then functionality should be the same. I need to do the mod on my Romy but it makes me wonder if I'm really dealing with the problem. Has anyone made the changes and NOT had any effect on the slap?
Link Posted: 11/11/2004 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag .................... Shot the new [to me] AK sar 1 and the damn thing was very un comfortable I 'm divin in tommorow to try and fix it...............
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 6:02:45 AM EDT
[#12]
still havent noticed it on my SAR1.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top