Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2003 1:30:09 AM EDT
i have been trying to locate, without luck, images of the romanian manufactured military version of the 5.45x39 ak-74. i remember seeing it covered in sof magazine years ago, but i didn't hold on to the issue, and can't remember the date to try and obtain another. does anyone have, or know where i can find such images? or the issue of sof?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 2:32:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you in that way, but I can give you another route of attack on this one.

At the same time the U.S. was in Panama going after Noriega, thee was a revolution in Romania.  There was FEIRCE street fighting between civilians and the secret police / military.  If you try to look up something on this you might find a picture or two.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Hehehehe. And now the Romanians are voting all the communists back into power!

My how times change.

Wow! They really do use those POS folding stocks. How sad. This must be a Hollywood promo or something. For a moment there, I thought it was a fake Russian playing army in the woods. Who knows. I like that guy's paint job though.

www.mapn.ro/indexro.php

It's all in Romanian. It's not in English yet. I guess they don't have smart people working for the Romanian government yet. Either that or the communists are too lazy doing something else.

Edited to add: I can't believe I actually suggested there could be smart people working in the government to begin with
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Here are some more:

Holy shit! They're at my church!

I hope there are no Russians around. Otherwise the raping and pillaging will begin:

Anyway, it looks like those crazy Romanians don't cant their front sights or gas blocks like Century Arms.

Moreover, they actually do use those POS folding stocks, AND they like those forward pistol grip forearms. They still use 45 degree gas blocks, and it looks like their rifles aren't as greased up as my SAR-2 was when I pulled it out of the box.

Sigh. Mao wishes his SAR-2 was just as "fun" as the ones the Romanian Army uses, if you know what I mean by the word "FUN".

Edited to add: I just looked at those chicks again, and I realized that if you took their hair coloring out, they'd all look exactly the same. The sad part is, when Romanian or Serbian women reach the age of 45, that's when their butts start to grow out. I rarely see hot older E. European women. It's sad indeed. I'm glad to be living in America.
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the purple & black gloves the guy looking at the "device" on his wrist is wearing, goes good with the snow camo.
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#5]
While the folding stock is not as stable on the Ak-47 platform, it should not be to bad on the lower recoiling AK-74 platform.

Personally I hate the idea of skeletonized stocks on combat rifles.  Not enough there if you need to use it on someone.

Second, why the hell are those guys wearing full overwhites in a woodland area.
They should only be wearing the whites on the bottom and cammo on top in this situation.  They will give themselves away very quickly this way.

Those girls are pretty decent.  Something tells me that they are not Romanian or other Slav.  There is no such thing as a good looking Slav women.

Where did you come up with these pictures?  You have much better internet search abilities than I do.

The Romanains have not had a decent army since they were wiped out at Stalingrad.  Before that they were pretty decent for that part of the world.
During the revolution there was a case of their olympic rapid fire pistol champion deciding to join in. He set up in a cemetary, as the Romanian army tried to pass through it on the way to the fighting he engaged them.  He was able to hold off a whole company of infantry.
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks, that was exactly what i was looking for.
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It was on Tantal's site, and it was linked through the Google search I did.

Now Obe, there are some good looking Slavic women. What about Anna Kournikova?
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep. I think the Russian polymer stock on the AK-100 series is the best out there hands down, of all types of guns. I don't like the collaspible stock on the M4 either. A side folder like on the AK is the best, since it gives you the cheek weld of a fixed stock. The stock on a Valmet (tube folder) or a Galil (skeletonized side folder) does not give you a good cheek weld.

Campy, I could imagine they have a forward grip on their AK-74s to provide better control since you can't cheek weld a wire stock. Imagine what it would feel like to try it in 20 degree weather. OUCH! I can feel my face burn against the metal already.
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]
What do they have screwed on the muzzles of those things? Knurled aluminum butt-plugs?
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I believe those are "blank firing devices" The Japanese AK book describes them as such.

I see that they appear to use steel 5.45 mags instead of plastic / bakelite.
Link Posted: 4/6/2003 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]
i bet you're right, so the action will cycle when firing blanks. good call
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#14]
That dufus with the TV remote tied to his arm with a piece of rope AND the black/purple mittens looks like John Belushi!  Glad to see him back!  I see he still has the same great sence of humor!

Anybody who doesn't think those girls are hot is getting way too much!

So this series of pics must be a promotional thing I suppose (wat with the BFD's and all). I need to show my SAR-2 those winter pics, so it sees what a good life it has, bore oiled, plum furniture, and tucked in all nice and warm with a AK47 and a bunch of AR15's.  Just picked up a case of 5.45 to feed it this weekend.

Nice pics Mao.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top