Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:17:38 PM EDT
Their customer service seems to be lacking somewhat.  No e-mail replies after several attempts to inquire about parts.

Good.  Bad.  What say you?

Bud
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I used them once and they were real slow to fill my order.  I also canceled one order because they were still slow and they finally emailed me back.  I don't like companies that don't respond.  MV out!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I made an order for some colt AR15 mags , and it took forever for me to get them!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only read knocks, no first hand experience.  Overpriced generally too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
stay away.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a good experience.

I wanted an SW5 receiver a few years ago when they were very hard to find.  FGW had them on the website so I placed an order, only to find out a few days later they are not in stock.  So I cancelled the order.

A month goes by and out of no where they call me to let me know they had one come in and I had first crack at it.

I've never had a company do that before.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I had bad time with Florida Gun Works. They took forever to deliver and the prices are way to high
Stay away!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm...my problem is that they have a nice blond furniture set posted.  Apparently, K-VAR is out of stock regarding this particular set, and I don't see them getting any in soon.  (I've waited about 5 months now).  

The price is high, yes, but I don't see this stock set advertised anywhere else.  All I want to know, is if it's in stock.  Everytime I call, the phone is busy.  When it's not busy, I'm on-hold forever.  So, I e-mail.  They never answer my e-mail requests either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I almost bought from them, but I started to find everything I wanted from other places for much cheaper
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Go to the website for Dade County Florida Better Business Bureau.  There are enough horror storied to make a feature film.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Amazing!  I just went to the K-VAR website to peruse.  They have the blond stock sets IN STOCK!  Unbelievable!  I just ordered a set.

Get 'em now while they're hot!

Bud
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
stay away.

+1 million
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
No replies to email or phone calls.
Lied about when it shipped and how.
Showed up within their posted time window after I disputed the charge.
I'd never deal w/ them again.
Google them, check "Ripoff Report" etc., you'll see.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#14]
They don't reply to questions when you want to buy, and this usually smells bad. Immagine how fast they will come back to you if you need an after sale support

- Ice
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I never have simply because I can always find it cheaper somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:14:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:17:20 AM EDT
[#17]
They suck. I canceled my order as well.  Too slow.

Max
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:28:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I have never heard anything good about them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:26:32 AM EDT
[#19]
http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000034000453

Principal:     Myrna Taylor
Local Phone Number:     (305) 207-7100
Membership Status: This company is not a member.
TOB Classification: Guns & Gunsmiths

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of ignored complaints concerning delivery and customer service.

Customer complaints allege non-delivery of products after paying in full and the lack of customer service and professionalism. Customers are unable to reach a service representative to address their concerns and emails are gone unanswered.

The company has failed to respond to any complaints brought to their attention by the Better Business Bureau.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.  

280 consumers have requested a reliability report on this company in the past 36 months.

The Bureau processed a total of 47 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 47 complaints in the last 36 months, 37 of those were closed in the last 12 months.  

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 4
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 1; No Response: 3

Sales Practice Issues: 29
Resolved: 7; No Response: 22

Repair Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
No Response: 1

Customer Service Issues: 5
No Response: 5

Product Issues: 6
Resolved: 1; No Response: 5

Refund or Exchange Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
No Response: 1

Licensing Information

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. The Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

ADDITIONAL TRADENAMES, ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS

(786) 293-0925

This is not necessarily a complete list.

Additional File Information

The Bureau has requested basic information from this company. The Bureau has not received a response. Without this information, the Bureau may not have current information concerning such things as the company's management or its nature of business.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

BBB reports may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.  

Report as of: 1/20/2006  

Copyright: 2006 BBB of Southeast Florida  

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary, and members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I can understand a day or two wait if your busy people, but they NEVER, EVER, NEVER answered my MULTIPLE e-mails asking about buying something. I'm mean, I don't know them, but what the hell kind of retail company does that (besides our own government that is)??
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#21]
To answer the question (once again) , Yes they are crooks, plain and simple.

They don't have a real physical address.
They don't have a phone # listed.
They don't answer e-mails from customers.
They don't have any real stock (They just list everything, and maybe try to get the items once they have your money for a few months).

Most people who have ordered from them (via their website) had to do a chargeback to get their money back.

There might have been a few people who claim to have gotten good service from them. But remember, there are also people who claim to see Jesus' image on a burnt piece of toast.

This thread should be pinned. This question is asked at least once a month.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I personally will never do business with a company that won't list their phone number on their website.  Just do asearch at the Better Business Bureau Website and that should answer your question of 'is it worth the risk?"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I personally will never do business with a company that won't list their phone number on their website.  Just do asearch at the Better Business Bureau Website and that should answer your question of 'is it worth the risk?"

i already posted the results of said search a few posts up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i already posted the results of said search a few posts up.

Um, OK...  Sorry if I didn't read through 21 posts saying 'don't do it!' I just figured I would share the info I knew.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks Dawg180
It makes it alot easier to have the words written on the boards here and not to have to do any extra work looking something up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Who runs a company and when customers contact you wanting to purchase items, you don't reply?! Amazing! What are they thinking?!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top