Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:38:02 AM EDT
Is this some engineering disaster?

Why are they canted and how do you straighten them up?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Go here:Cant Fix. I've done this before and it works great, with your skills it shouldn't be a problem. Make sure it's sighted in so you know about how far to move it ...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#2]
It's just poor quality control on those particular rifles. Lots of machining marks and scratches on them too. Usually relaiable shooters but you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go here:Cant Fix. I've done this before and it works great, with your skills it shouldn't be a problem. Make sure it's sighted in so you know about how far to move it ...

You guys sight your AK's in?  Come to think of it, why am I biatchin' about the FSB if I never aim it anyway...

PS..thanks for the link
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A) It's because Romania is such a modern industrialized power that they use state of the art equipment to manufacture their products.

or

B) Everyone in Romania has a crooked neck and that's how they sight in their rifles.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A) It's because Romania is such a modern industrialized power that they use state of the art equipment to manufacture their products.

or

B) Everyone in Romania has a crooked neck and that's how they sight in their rifles.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys sight your AK's in?  Come to think of it, why am I biatchin' about the FSB if I never aim it anyway...

PS..thanks for the link

Sometime you can show me the shooting spot by Vaughn and I'll let you shoot a "real" AK, LOL ...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PS..thanks for the link

Sometime you can show me the shooting spot by Vaughn and I'll let you shoot a "real" AK, LOL ...

I'll take you up on that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#8]
4:30 on a Payday-Friday Night?....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#10]
some are, some aren't.  It's just QC.  I wouldn't order one, just go to a gun show and take a look at the rifle before you sign on the dotted line.  I saw more than not with crooked FSB's.  The one I ended up with is pretty good.  It's straight and the mags fit tight.  It's a good shooter, it just needs to have the grungy stock re-finished.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#11]
i have the same prob with my wasr 10....but i might just say screw it and put a red dot on it.....i might also dremmel it to 1/8 of an inch and staighten it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i have the same prob with my wasr 10....but i might just say screw it and put a red dot on it.....i might also dremmel it to 1/8 of an inch and staighten it.

NO dont put a red dot on it man!  Bless it as the bump whore and never aim. My AK is so ugly I don't even want it close to my face.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#13]
funny bro.....nice style.....i think they look cool.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a short note to all those that forget ... I've seen a "Krebs" rifle with a canted FSB ...

Also have read many post here and other sites about Arsenal and many other "high dollar" rifles with canted site blocks and gas blocks ...

It's just that the Romies seem to have a higher % of screw-ups ...

I have 2 Romanian RPKs and the workmanship and fit is excellent ... Seems they lost quality control in the last several years ...

I have several SARs ... Some are straight and I fixed some of them ... no big problem ...

I'm replacing the gas block on one now ... I Need a bayonet ...................................  (NOT)

I still say they (Romies) have the best receiver around ... I've been pleased with mine ... Pleased enough to outfit some with Russian wood and Bulgarian plastic ...

Maybe one day I'll buy a real AK .... ...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep!  Mine's pretty good.  No complaints except the stain on the wood is kinda gross.  I hope to get a side folder and then I'll refinish the handguards.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#16]
They are all canted because all Romanians are drunken lil monkeys.....unlike the Russians who can actually make a great rifle while downing a bottle of vodka
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They are all canted because all Romanians are drunken lil monkeys.....unlike the Russians who can actually make a great rifle while downing a bottle of vodka

You mean drunken little angry beavers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just a short note to all those that forget ... I've seen a "Krebs" rifle with a canted FSB ...

Also have read many post here and other sites about Arsenal and many other "high dollar" rifles with canted site blocks and gas blocks ...

Here's another shocker.......Bushmaster and Colt even put out canted FSB's.

You should be glad the Romanians can muster a 50% hit rate

(yes, I have a WASR-10, but it's straight)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are all canted because all Romanians are drunken lil monkeyshe

You mean drunken little angry beavers.hr

I stand corrected
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's just that the Romies seem to have a higher % of screw-ups ...

I have 2 Romanian RPKs and the workmanship and fit is excellent ... Seems they lost quality control in the last several years ...

I have several SARs ... Some are straight and I fixed some of them ... no big problem ...

I'm replacing the gas block on one now ... I Need a bayonet ...................................  (NOT)

I still say they (Romies) have the best receiver around ... I've been pleased with mine ... Pleased enough to outfit some with Russian wood and Bulgarian plastic ...

Maybe one day I'll buy a real AK .... ...

Yep. My bulgarian AKS-74 has a canted FSB worse than any of my 3 SARs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#21]
They can all have them.

It's just that the percentage of ones coming from Romania are higher because of overall lower QC.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#22]

The FSB on the Tantal parts set I built up over the summer has a noticeable cant.

Gotta put that front sight pin waaaay over.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top