Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:20:29 PM EDT
Here is the Century YUGO underfolder I bought the other day. Sadly I have not shot it yet but here are a bunch of illustrated pics for you guys.

The rifle looks great! The handguard wood is very nice and tight fit. Undefolder works properly and is pretty tight, just a little bit of wobble maybe 2mm up and down. The quality looks very good, heavy duty thick receiver and rivet work looks WAY better than any of the SAR/WASR variants I've seen. Plus the DCI receive is a proper Yugo one so that the truinion is not cut on the sides to fit a regular AK receiver.

The action is really smooth and I've tested ejection/extraction with live rounds and everything is OK. Mag removal and insertion is easy and smooth as well with the Yugo mag and the rest of the Bulgarian metal mags that I have (the bulgy mags fit nicer with less wobble from side to side, again, wobble is minimal, 1.5-2mm.

The sights and gas block are straight which is very good because of the problems that Century has with the WASR's. The barrel appears to be new and it is bright and shiny, no throat errosion, and the lands and grooves coming off the chamber are nice and sharp. I think this is a new barrel because of the condition. Of course, these are not chrome-lined barrels which does not bother me at the least since I leave that to my AR's

Enjoy the pics!

The neat little front white-dot flip sight is integral in the FSB.

Sight folded down. ALSO notice the large 1" front sling loop. My AR tac sling fits!

Here you can see that the sling loop is separate from the gas block and is dovetailed-like.

The neat flip up front grenage launching sight.

Everything is inline, nice and straight.

This has to be a new barrel, the chamber is clean without any throat errosion. Never mind the orange grease, I haven't cleaned her yet!

The barrel is shiny and clean. No dark spots.

The hammer strikes nice and square but is not a G2.

Rear tang is fit very nice without any gaps.

LAST PIC! All folded up and ready to go back in the safe!

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
nice
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
sexy.

i didnt know century could produce something this nice
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, if they make a fixed stock version I may have to get one for a beater AK.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
DCI Does make a fixed stock receiver for this but I think all the kits century has have underfolders with them. Maybe in the future for you?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh WOW....I can't wait to get mine....my FFL has an order for one, I hope they can actually get one soon.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
That's what I am saying. It doesn't look like a Century build right?

As far as the life of the barrel. I just consider the fact that there are MANY old rifles that did not use chrome-lining and are still shooting great to this day, surplus used or unissued.

Even if it only lasts 40,000 rounds which I probably won't ever get to on this rifle, that's pretty good for less than $500.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]
on my wish list!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Does the serial numbers match the numbers on the other parts of the rifle? Not that it matters the rifle looks great!!  I was wondering how far they took the build in keeping things matching?

Death Merchant
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been wondering, are the Yugo ak's longer and bigger than the Romanian ones??
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's what I am saying. It doesn't look like a Century build right?

As far as the life of the barrel. I just consider the fact that there are MANY old rifles that did not use chrome-lining and are still shooting great to this day, surplus used or unissued.

Even if it only lasts 40,000 rounds which I probably won't ever get to on this rifle, that's pretty good for less than $500.

I believe, that there should be the builders name on it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#15]
+1 On the kits numbers, do they match???
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I looked for numbers on the gun but only found numbers on the Bolt, bolt carrier, and top cover. The bolt and carrier numbers match. The top cover numbers don't match anything.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
that pisses me off you got that thing from century looking so good and I've invested $600+ in a kit so far and have gotten absolute shit.

good stuff man. they sell fixed stock versions as well?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#18]
SOCOMguy thanks for the great pics.  I saw one in the flesh today at my local fun store.  I could not believe Century put out such a nice looking rifle.  Did not check the serial numbers.  The only builder info was century on the side of the receiver.  Looked like a great rifle for $500.00
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#19]
The DCI company that makes the receivers makes a fixed stock receiver. I'm pretty sure Century has all underfolder kits and wants to use them all. If Century doesn't plan on making a fixed rifle  maybe someone could buy a fixed stock receiver and sent it to them to build a fixed stock rifle. Then, unless they had a market to sell the underfolder parts you might be obligated to buy them.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#20]
oh I already have a fixed stock rifle that's a piece of shit. I was taking a look at the magwell last night, racked the bolt back and the freakin' hammer pin and spring all fell out. that's how bad of a build it is. I'm absolutely beyond pissed right now....... I mean it's one thing for the magwell to have some problems... but this thing

1.) safety doesn't work at all. poorly setup

2.) trigger group is not securely set onto receiver. one of the pins is not wide enough to lock into the receiver(hammer pin).

3.) magwell is total shit. apparently they left one of the receiver rails out and replaced one with a wasr rail I think that's what it looks like because it doesn't have the horizontal rail on one side to keep the mag in place. mags wobble like all fucking hell.

I'm taking it out to global trades in january to get the thing fixed up. I trust Jimmy Streetman enough to know he'll do a good job on renovating this piece of shit.

Now I'll admit this much, I never did send it back to get this thing fixed, but for a company to send a rifle out with a gun they know the safety doesn't work on or the pin isn't properly secure and to just hand it over. it looked like pure shit too. they didnt even clean up the bolt either. it still has discolorment and rust on it. for $300 I would have expected better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Bummer Voldermortist

I'm still waiting to get to the range and see what this baby will do. I'll be sure to post more pics and a range report.

Another member has one of these too and he posted his range report. He had great performance from his and said he got 1.5" groups at 50yrds off-hand and something pretty good at 100yrds too. I'll see if I can post a link to his post.

Link to RaynoEleven's Range Report and his Yugo M70:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=89&t=79723
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
oh I already have a fixed stock rifle that's a piece of shit. I was taking a look at the magwell last night, racked the bolt back and the freakin' hammer pin and spring all fell out. that's how bad of a build it is. I'm absolutely beyond pissed right now....... I mean it's one thing for the magwell to have some problems... but this thing

1.) safety doesn't work at all. poorly setup

2.) trigger group is not securely set onto receiver. one of the pins is not wide enough to lock into the receiver(hammer pin).

3.) magwell is total shit. apparently they left one of the receiver rails out and replaced one with a wasr rail I think that's what it looks like because it doesn't have the horizontal rail on one side to keep the mag in place. mags wobble like all fucking hell.

I'm taking it out to global trades in january to get the thing fixed up. I trust Jimmy Streetman enough to know he'll do a good job on renovating this piece of shit.

Now I'll admit this much, I never did send it back to get this thing fixed, but for a company to send a rifle out with a gun they know the safety doesn't work on or the pin isn't properly secure and to just hand it over. it looked like pure shit too. they didnt even clean up the bolt either. it still has discolorment and rust on it. for $300 I would have expected better.

Wait a minute, is this a Yugo kit you had built? On what receiver? Who built it? I was thinking of having one built but now...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#23]
We need a trustworthy dealer that can step up and get us in these guns while they are here for a reasonable fee. Surely we have someone who can or will. I know I would be interested.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Very nice Yugo. Which price did you pay? Im curious why the area where the date of manufacture Model and serial # is ground off. Is that something thats done when the barrel was replaced?

How long did delivery take? Enjoy the range time. Yugos shoot pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't even know something was supposed to be there.

I got mine for $450

My dealer had two and I got one of them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow...I guess the best way to describe this is "Shock and Awe"

Do they still make their own junk FCG or are they using G2s
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Im curious why the area where the date of manufacture Model and serial # is ground off. Is that something thats done when the barrel was replaced?

One of the kits I got from Centerfire had no markings on the side of the trunion.  It's possible this one could be the same, rather than ground off.    
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#28]
If anybody gets a chance to shoot one of these, what's the trigger like?  

Also, who knows of any larger dealers that are stocking these for a reasonable price and will ship to an ffl?

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Southern Ohio Gun
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Didn't even know something was supposed to be there.

I got mine for $450

My dealer had two and I got one of them.

Thats about what you would have paid to get it from SOG ship and FFL but better you get to hold it and check it. I would have a hard time deciding to by from Century any other way. Yours looks terrific.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:22:33 AM EDT
[#31]
nice rifle man
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Nice rifle dude..

On another note.. I just looked at a M-70 Yugo, Century rifle at a local shop. It has had the original information on the trunion ground off. There is remenance of markings that can still be seen.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Im thinking they sanitized the trunnions to keep dealers from entering the wrong serial numbers in their books.  Ive seen dealers do it before, especially with FALs.  Its just a guess though.
Ben
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#34]
All right.....you guys got me all in a frenzy for a YUGO, had local dealer call SOG....all gone. They sold out already/fast. Supposed to have another 1000 on order from Century. Anyone know where else they are? Jeff
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#35]
One thing that I think I caught is that they didn't use a US fire control group on it. How can you tell? The disconnector has the tang on the back for the auto sear....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Tried to order one from SOG today also... The Century item # for them  is RI 1216-X but they don't have them up on thier website yet but they did have an add in the dec 20 SGN page 19 for them ...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I would be glad to get them for you guys at $479.99 + SH. My connection is showing them "on allocation" which means the are hard to get and come in small quantities. Keep checking back an I will see what I could come up with.
Maybe if I could get some commitments and deposits I could see what I could do for a quantity buy. BUT !!! I WILL NOT take a deposit until I know, 100% without a doubt I can deliver!!!
Just give me a consensus of who might be SERIOUSLY interested and I will see what I can do.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#38]
MrKrink

I am interested.  Where are you located in NC?

SM
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
MrKrink

I am interested.  Where are you located in NC?

SM

Shelby.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Im thinking they sanitized the trunnions to keep dealers from entering the wrong serial numbers in their books.  Ive seen dealers do it before, especially with FALs.  Its just a guess though.
Ben

I think you are right. Most dealers are not the brightest around.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If anybody gets a chance to shoot one of these, what's the trigger like?  

Also, who knows of any larger dealers that are stocking these for a reasonable price and will ship to an ffl?

mine has a decent trigger, better than my SAR1, a little slack on the take up but it breaks clean.  I'm happy with mine.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I would be glad to get them for you guys at $479.99 + SH. My connection is showing them "on allocation" which means the are hard to get and come in small quantities. Keep checking back an I will see what I could come up with.
Maybe if I could get some commitments and deposits I could see what I could do for a quantity buy. BUT !!! I WILL NOT take a deposit until I know, 100% without a doubt I can deliver!!!
Just give me a consensus of who might be SERIOUSLY interested and I will see what I can do.

What kind of timeline are we talking about?  I'm seriously interested and was in the middle of ordering one from somebody else for a little bit more, but they have them in stock already.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#43]
I saw one for sale at the local gunshow for only 599.00, WoW
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of timeline are we talking about?  I'm seriously interested and was in the middle of ordering one from somebody else for a little bit more, but they have them in stock already.

It will be Tuesday before I can talk to my contact. But will let you know then.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#45]
I bought one of these yesterday at a gun show, $450.00 plus tax.

I stripped it and gave it a deep cleaning this morning. I am pretty happy with it, although I haven't shot it yet.

It has a flip up sight for a grenade launcher, although I have no clue how to use it. The grenade launcher would be a nice addition.

It also has flip up front and rear tritium sights, but sadly two of the three vials are broken.

The trigger is not a G2, so I will be shopping for a new trigger, or maybe a new FCG?

The wood furniture looks good, the pistol grip is black plastic.

It came with one mag, a leather sling, a bayonet with scabard and leather scabard holder, oiler, cleaning kit, and a cute little plastic trigger lock, in a box that was not all smashed and soiled.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I stripped it and gave it a deep cleaning this morning. I am pretty happy with it, although I haven't shot it yet.

It has a flip up sight for a grenade launcher, although I have no clue how to use it. The grenade launcher would be a nice addition.

It also has flip up front and rear tritium sights, but sadly two of the three vials are broken.

The trigger is not a G2, so I will be shopping for a new trigger, or maybe a new FCG?

It came with one mag, a leather sling, a bayonet with scabard and leather scabard holder, oiler, cleaning kit, and a cute little plastic trigger lock, in a box that was not all smashed and soiled.

I believe the grenade launcher is built into the gun.  It needs a special muzzle device, like the ones on the Yugo SKS I think.  But anyway, I believe when you flip up the sight it blocks off the gas port and allows the grenade to be launched by firing a blank round.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#47]
tag.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I was just gonna post a topic bout this....  htink I'm gonna get one, list of 400$ not bad,,,,
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#49]
how reliable are these century yugos., im thinking of getting my first ak and would love to have a yugo, would it be worth my money to get one of these with a new barrel? I want one that is reliable so becuase i dont know alot about ak's.  wonder how long these will be around since they are using new barrels.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

did you say tritium sights???????  they dont mention that in the ad!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top