Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:49:30 AM EDT
I want a VLTOR on an AK and a lower rail system.  I don't need any other modifications to the standard AK.  I like Vltors. I want one on an AK.  That's pretty simple.  Also I like Magpul's rail covers.  I want them on an AK.  I don't care for mounting optics on this particular AK.

My options are two fold.

a) Get the Krebs KTR035 - cost 1225$.  

or

b) Send an SAR2 I have to get redone and fixed up (250), purchase the Krebs VLTOR kit (208) and the ACR lower handguard from ultimak (220) - total cost 678 +shipping on teh gun there and back, lets call it 730$

To get teh krebs I'd probably sell teh SAR2 lets say at 500 with opric and mags?  so they're about the same price for me.  What say you?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
1 vote for the Krebs here.  I just ordered the Krebs KTR-03S in 5.45X39 today.  It'll be my my 3rd KTR.  The fit, finish and quality of Krebs' work in unreal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
1 vote for the Krebs here.  I just ordered the Krebs KTR-03S in 5.45X39 today.  It'll be my my 3rd KTR.  The fit, finish and quality of Krebs' work in unreal.

any negatives on teh safety lever on the left?  top cover stability?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

any negatives on teh safety lever on the left?  top cover stability?

None.  The thumb lever safety is a HUGE improvement over the standard AK design.  Krebs' Galil style safety is a tiny vertical lever accessable to your thumb in an instant.  It becomes second nature to rock it forward or back with your thumb after just a bit.  Top covers on both fo my KTRs are rock solid after several hundred rounds (range, tactical meets and weekend long carbine/ tactical classes).  The downside to the tight cover is that it is a little tough to put back on after cleaning.

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd shoot the hell out of that norinco and call it a day. Personally I'd fix up the one you got and with any money left over buy another gun you want or a couple of cases of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#6]
So you REALLY want a rail on an AK ?

try this.
www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=BT21428&storeid=1&image=btak47hg.gif

$294.95 worth of Free Floating Swiss Precision.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So you REALLY want a rail on an AK ?

try this.
www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=BT21428&storeid=1ℑ=btak47hg.gif

$294.95 worth of Free Floating Swiss Precision.  

www.dsarms.com/images/btak47hg.gif

you sure that free floats?  I'm not so intersted in optics to tell you the truth, but if that free floats, I'd get it for sure.  For now I'm headed to the ultimak long rail if I don't go with krebs...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Just get the gun YOU really want. Trust me. You'll be much happier in the end.

From your posts it looks like you've been wanting this Krebs gun for a while and put alot of thought into this already.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The B&T mount does NOT free float..
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just get the gun YOU really want. Trust me. You'll be much happier in the end.

From your posts it looks like you've been wanting this Krebs gun for a while and put alot of thought into this already.

yeah after I posted this I started putting stuff on the EE including the SAR2- I've gotten some good hits on that, so once I get word from krebs (hoping he'll sell me one direct) I'll let you know where I'm going.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top