Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/13/2004 7:33:57 PM EDT
I found this thread over at The High Road, www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=ef60a7fa6f43637ab59af6b5271d0817&threadid=89992

The boar went down with one shot, but got back up and was about to charge the thread author before it was hit again.     Sounded like fun.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have more fun hog hunting than deer hunting.What I really like to do is to walk them up and shoot them with my ar15 head shots only when they keep still . I don't try shooting at them when they are running unless I have my 308 with me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I hunt hogs with dogs and its a blast, espacelly since I do it at night.The only difference is that instead of killing the hog, we take it alive. I have two types of dogs, trail dogs, which run the hog till it bays up, and catch dogs that are released to go in and grab the hog by the ears, snout, etc. Then I wade in amongst them and grab the hog by the back legs, flip him on his side and use duct tape to tape hte hogs legs together as well as taping the jaws shut.

Used to kill them, but only do it rarely now. If its a real big boar and he is messing up the dogs then I go ahead and kill him.  I had a big un last weekend (300+ lbs) throw a cur and a pit out of the way. They got ahold of him, but he just tossed his head a few times and dogs went flying. Cut both up pretty good to. So I shot him to keep him from killing a dog.

Link Posted: 8/14/2004 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i have shot groundhogs with my sar2.

uh-oh
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sundance....that ain't no groundhog!...that VC......... Varmit Cong!
Varmit cong!

Varmit pootang

....I see you wore green today......

Green

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top