Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2004 2:39:05 AM EDT
Guys,

I have received a couple emails about the selector not coming all the way up when in the "safe" position. I left the tab that contacts the trigger, while in the safe position, a little long on purpose. Doing this allows for a better fit after you adjust the trigger as you want it. If this material was not left in place, there could be a lot of slop in the trigger when you safe the weapon.

It is a simple matter of adjusting the trigger as you like it and then filing a little off the contact area of the selector. I will post some pics of how to do it later this evening. It is very easy to do.

What most of you now have:

What you want:

How the selector switch looks now:

After you adjust the trigger to where you want it, try the selector for fit. If adjustment is need to get the result in the second pic, try filing a little off the top of the tab:

If the selector is hard to get into position, file an angle of about 45 deg:

End result:

You want to try to have little or no play in the trigger when the selector is in the safe position. As always, if you have problems, feel free to call me at the shop (937)332-0833, IM or send me an email. Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 3/11/2004 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2004 4:40:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 2:42:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Good information ORF.  They charge for this information on GunsNet.

Red Faction
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#5]
How about some information on how to adjust the trigger and remove the selector for us AK newbies?
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about some information on how to adjust the trigger and remove the selector for us AK newbies?

Or does it have to be removed at all?
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 left hands with 5 thumbs each, and I REALLY don't want to mess up my nice, new SEAK - is there any way to avoid having to do this, or is it really so easy that even I can handle it?...

In other words, I've never adjusted an AK trigger or even disassembled an AK beyond the major assemblies & wouldn't know where to start...
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or does it have to be removed at all?

Judging from the pictures above I would say the selector has to be removed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
If any of you need a copy of the RSA Adjustable Trigger Group instructions, they are available on the Redstar Arms Webpage.

KF

www.redstararms.com/uploads/RSA_trigger.pdf
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the instructions on the trigger group.  But I still have no idea how the selector is removed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks.  I'm definitly going to need this in  about a week.
Link Posted: 3/12/2004 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks for the instructions on the trigger group.  But I still have no idea how the selector is removed.

Just rotate the selector until it is facing straight up and it should pull out of the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/13/2004 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just rotate the selector until it is facing straight up and it should pull out of the receiver.

It won't rotate till it is straight up.  It only goes up as far as the very first picture shows.  It catches on the trigger group.
Link Posted: 3/13/2004 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It won't rotate till it is straight up.  It only goes up as far as the very first picture shows.  It catches on the trigger group.

Try holding the trigger back while rotating it? I dont have a adjustable trigger but on my sar-1 i have to hold the trigger back to remove it otherwise it catchs on it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2004 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Negative.

Try holding the trigger back while rotating it? I dont have a adjustable trigger but on my sar-1 i have to hold the trigger back to remove it otherwise it catchs on it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2004 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay, let me try to get some questions answered.

You do not have to do anything as the weapon was shipped, if you don't want to. It will function fine. However, be very careful when it is in safe. It could slip out.

To remove the selector, you will have to take the trigger pin out and move the trigger assembly forward a lttle. Follow these step:

1) Remove the top cover by pressing the recoil guide forward.

2) Remove recoil spring assembly and bolt/carrier.

3) Press  the shepards crook, the wire like spring that goes under the trigger pin, down and slide to the right with a small screw driver.

4) Push trigger pin out from the right side of the receiver to the left. You may have to press down slightly on the disconnector to get it out. There is also a recess on the pin that can catch on the receiver. Do not try to beat it out.

5) Rotate the selector until the arm aligns with the slot in the receiver on the right hand side and pull out.

6) Follow the directions above to fit the selector.

I'm sorry if this confuses any of you. I wanted to leave some room for adjustment. If you don't understand and don't want to ajust your trigger, feel free to contact me. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow that will explain it better than I can. Once you do it, it will seem easier than I make it sound. If you don't want to do it yourself, contact me and let me know. I will be happy to do it for you.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/18/2004 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#17]
marking
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top