Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 2:39:14 AM EDT
Here's our latest prototype from the "Custom Shop". It has parts from 6 different weapons:

1) HK rear sight
2) Galil handgaurds
3) Siaga gas tube
4) Krinkov four piece flash hider(sleeved for legality)
5) FAL Tapco butt plate w/ flip up support
6) AR15 stock screw

The front sight was cut down and welded to the gas block. We also cut the rear sight support down and added a custom made piece of scope rail. You can see through the Aimpoint to use iron sights. This also has the BLARK finish.

Hope you like it!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:13:18 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW!! Very innovative. So far i own 2 ORF weapons,a Krinkov in 5.45 and a AK-74 and it looks like ill be adding an HK clone, this AK variant, and the SEBR AK project.
These guys do great work, and they stand behind their products.
now ill have to go raid my piggy bank, and start saving!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:39:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]

what next? a 1919 crossed with a 21? sprinkled with zb parts and a carry handle from a samsonite attache case?

I'm think an AK47/HK21 hybrid myself!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Can I get a bottle opener on mine?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty Darn Cool!

How do you keep the rear site from canting with it being welded on the cover? Are you using set screws to hold the cover tight or something?

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The sights are a cool idea and I have been thinking of doing something very similar to my own rifle.

I thought putting the front sight on the end of the gas tube itself might be a practical idea.  That way no original parts of the rifle have to ruined and it could easily be converted back to a standard looking (classic) AK.

Same with the dust cover on the rear as you could have 2, one with a rear sight and one with out it.  The FSB could be knocked off and the ugly pin slots could be hidden with a compensator sleeve or Krinkov style thingy.

Just my thoughts and I do like the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#7]
So Bob has not accepted your group buy prototype yet? I'll pour a case of Hudephol into him while you bring it up to Tusco with a proper 74 style brake. Then he'll see the light.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#8]
WOW! Absolutely gorgeous.

What would something like that set one back?

--LS
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Little Kings was my first drunk at 14,  me and some buds swiped a bunch from a big family picnic deal and got snockered.  

Thanks for reminding me.  LOL!
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Sharp.  I like the handguards.  The weld on the top-cover is nice.

The site is neat...kinda like what Chris @ AKUSA did here.  (not trying to hijack, just tossing out some props).

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:00:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Tec,

That pic just gave me a great idea on how to solve the ongoing "heat" problem on the front of my Krinkovs.....

What do you think about slotting the top wood on a Krinkov, and putting a heat shield between the barrel and lower wood???  In theory, the heat would have no where to go but up and out....

No matter what, the front end gets hot and you may not be able to wrap your hand around the entire front end, but holding the lower wood should be a little better because of the heat shield.....

KF
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Pretty Darn Cool!

How do you keep the rear site from canting with it being welded on the cover? Are you using set screws to hold the cover tight or something?

I used a milled receiver top cover. They are a bit thicker. When I pinned the rear sight base on, I made sure the topcover was nice and snug between it and the rear trunion. It is kind of a bitch to get on and off, though.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:49:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Tec,

That pic just gave me a great idea on how to solve the ongoing "heat" problem on the front of my Krinkovs.....

What do you think about slotting the top wood on a Krinkov, and putting a heat shield between the barrel and lower wood???  In theory, the heat would have no where to go but up and out....

KF

Sound logical to me.  Give it a whirl...it's a cheap experiment.  The other option would be to go with something like the Galil that Mike setup in the pic (ie..no top wood).  I'm not sure of the size of a micro galil front handguard, but you could probably get one from Botach and try to mod it to fit your krink frontend.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:40:41 AM EDT
[#15]

here is one of my front sights.

Can I stearl you idea to mount the HK sight on the topcover?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:52:20 AM EDT
[#16]
What about slotting the upper wood and putting a heat shield in the lower wood...

It works very well. In fact (I'm not making this up) aluminum foil (folded so that the shiny side is toward the barrel) works a lot better than the usual dull metal heat shield. Seems to hold up OK, or at least has for 1,200 rounds so far.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:06:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
here is one of my front sights.

Can I stearl you idea to mount the HK sight on the topcover?

Looks good man! Help yourself to the HK sight. I stole it from 300ydClean anyway

Mike

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I LIKE IT!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I LIKE IT!

WHAT!

Forest, you do realize this is an AK derivative and not an M-4 don't you?

That is a fine looking gun. I really like the stock. Is the stock "homemade"?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:29:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Forest, you do realize this is an AK derivative and not an M-4 don't you?

Yeah but I get a kick out of these 'hi tech' type AKs with the black plastic furnature.  This one is above and beyond (very cool!).

I still prefer my M4s, but that doesn't mean I can't admire other fine weapons...
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#21]
So the buttplate is from the Tapco SAW stock project, but where is the buttstock from? FAL para or sourced made specifically for an AK rear trunion?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So the buttplate is from the Tapco SAW stock project, but where is the buttstock from? FAL para or sourced made specifically for an AK rear trunion?

www.riflestocks.com/

--LS
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Forest,

What ya doin' on the dark side

If you like black furniture AK's make sure you follow the gallery link on the Bulgie krinkov thread...my evil black AK is on there...

You don't know the power of the dark side......Darth Kuiper
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#24]
 Man, I haven't drank for 10 years.

As long as they keep leaving me223 and myself alone in a fully equipped machine shop with piles of gun parts around us, you are going to get some creatures created!!!

All it is, is a matter of sitting around thinking"I wonder if that fits on this?" and then it progresses to"Hey look at this" and then the next thing you know its"Damn, this thing fits on this thing here, gimme a welder"
then it's Todd asking"What the f**k is that, and how much can I sell it for?"

You'd have a ball Campy, the wheels never stop spinning!!

Chuck
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm new to the AK scene having been hooked on Ar for the last 2 years. I just saw the pics of the SEBR AK. I think the next edition should hold a swiss army knife in the buttstock. :)
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Now that is cool.  Are there alot of electrical storms out there?  Or are you drinking alot of that Ohio Kool Aid?
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I am going to download the picture into my ak picture file and call it "Mike Creation."  And, by the way, I am happy with the way my Romanian parts kit turned out.  Mike made me a "silk purse" out of a "sow's ear."  At least, that's what my hillbilly grandpa would have said....
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Those HK rear sights are great! Seeing this thread awhile back is what turned me on to them and I've been very happy with mine so far.
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#29]
personally i think a krinkov briefcase would be of great interest
like the old HK MP5 PDW setups
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top