Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/13/2003 5:56:58 AM EDT
I want to be able to use my irons and lift up a tad to use a red dot. I also want to be able to remove the receiver cover without removing the mount. Has to be center line, too (I'm left handed). Any suggestions?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I think this one may suit your needs:

AK-to-Weaver Mount

It sits just a tiny bit off center to the left, though.

Alternatevely, you may consider these red dot set ups:

PK-01

PK-01V

The PK-01 and PK-01V with the included mounting bracket and rings sit on the center line (sometimes even a bit to the right off center, depending on the side mounting rail).  Although, PK-01 provides very little clearance for the iron sights and on some rifles may actually block iron sights.

If you weren't a lefty, I would've suggested the PKS-01 because not only does it provides clearance for the iron sights, but it also remains functional even if it runs out of batteries.  However, it sits more to the left than the AK-to-Weaver mount and may not be suitable for you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said.
I have the mount, no optic yet, but it is very well built like the PSO series scopes. On my SAR2 it is a full 1/4" above the rear sight leaf to the bottom of the mount, and the mount is barely 1/8" left of center.
Your dimensions may vary a bit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Updated the original post with some pictures -- see above.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top