Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/8/2003 8:58:03 AM EDT
Looks like The Sportsmans Guide has Power Custom triggers on sale for $59.97 (cheaper if you are a member of their Buyer's Club).  I believe you can also throw in one of those $5 coupons to reduce the cost/shipping.

shop.sportsmansguide.com/smg/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=71572
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I could be wrong, but I think I heard somewhee that these were "factory seconds", or something to that effect.

Campy might know.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Could somebody from RSA chime in on this!?????!

I'm planning on ordering one this week, but can't afford problems. Heck, the decent price was the only reason I *could* afford to order one at all.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the difference between the two generations?
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Ken,

Thanks for giving us the official stance on this.  I too, am curious about what the differences are between the two.  I ordered a trigger a month or so ago from Midway and after the magic fingers of Campy Bob gave them a once over, I could never go back to the stock trigger.  I ordered a couple more from SG (are you saying that SG definitely has to older generation trigger or just that they might have them?) to replace the triggers in my other AK's.  Bob, you better get that tailgate warmed up!
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I contacted them to verify that they were US made parts... they wrote back and said they were imported... but now you guys are saying that they are the Red Star Arms triggers... which are supposed to be US made...

What gives? Did someone over there just not know what they were talking about?
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I contacted them to verify that they were US made parts... they wrote back and said they were imported... but now you guys are saying that they are the Red Star Arms triggers... which are supposed to be US made...

What gives? Did someone over there just not know what they were talking about?

I think somebody's smoking a little too much crack over there...  You can definitely tell that it's a Power Custom / RSA trigger group from the adjustment screws in the picture.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2003 4:49:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We are on I think the 7th generation trigger system now.  We tweak the design a little here and there to improve installation ease and performance.  SG has the 6th generation system. The new 7th generation has a improved disconnector angle and a deeper pivot point in the trigger housing. Most of the changes we made over the 2 years has been to allow it to fit more AK types.  You should see the e-mail I get on WILL IT FIT A ?? type AK.  

Ken Roberts
President RSA  

Thanks for the clarification.  I guess a 6th gen will do me fine.  I ordered one from SG.  Will it fit a Maadi S/A?

BTW, since I have had the finish re-done www.shootiniron.com, a polymer stock set from KVar, an ajustable rear sight, and a Kopba sight from Tantal, this trigger package is getting me close to the price of a real gun!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top