Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/23/2003 9:44:33 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with this aperature rear sight?

AK peep sight

www.krebscustom.com/CustomParts.html

How does the aperature size compare to the MoJo sight?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I beleive the apeture size is larger than that on the mojo. But the Krebs peep sight has the built in range adjustment while the mojo does not. On the Mojo, you sight it in at a specific range and set it there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have only seen Mojos on bolt guns. I have used the Krebs on an another's AK. I do know that the outer portion of the Krebs falls in line well with the front sight hoop, so it is very natural to keep the front post centered.

If you can use different sight pictures (above the post, flat tire, covered by the post) you can adjust your aim at varied distances easily without moving the rear aperture.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
RS39,
The Krebs sight seems like it would be better on an AK due to the reason you mention, sight hoop alignment.

Other advantages of the Krebs appear to be the meter graduations like the original rear sight, the ability to zero at the 100 setting then switch to 'P', battlesight zero, and an original look.
I suppose one probally wouldn't have time to, or want to, mess around with rear sight settings in a fast paced competition or fighting situation.
I think I may have sold myself on the Krebs.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Other advantages of the Krebs appear to be the meter graduations like the original rear sight, the ability to zero at the 100 setting then switch to 'P', battlesight zero, and an original look.
I suppose one probally wouldn't have time to, or want to, mess around with rear sight settings in a fast paced competition or fighting situation.

That is exactly why I prefer the Krebs over the Mojo.  Don't get me wrong.  I like my Mojo on my SKS, but the Krebs is a better battle sight.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Krebs says their opening is 3.9mm.
The MoJo and Williams openings are 0.150".
3.9mm = 0.15354".
Close. Another reason toget the Krebs version.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top