Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/23/2011 3:39:54 PM EDT
when I got this scope I was told it was for an RPK.

Any help?

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit, is that in hundreds of meters?

Of the PO 3.5x21 reticles I have seen/own:

AK-74/5.45x39 reticles go out to 1000 meters.

AKM/7.62x39 reticles go out to 800 meters.

Curious to know more of this myself, hopefully someone in the know chimes in.  Got more pics of the optic?

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Mmmm...interesting.  I would assume that this would be for the PKM.  I was not aware they made a PKM version, but this might be the case.  I do not think the RPK reticled PO's went out to 2000m.  Does it say anything in the top right hand side of the reticle?
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
No other stuff in the reticle, I am familiar with the fact that some have an ID mark in the upper right.

It still has a "Made in Belarus" sticker on the mount area, and the standard PO3,5x21 upside down U markings, but it does have a second number of 70103 at the far right side, right above the mount on its face.

I googled all combos of the scope name, and "Model" number if thats what it is, and found nothing related to it.

its definitely a standard, unilluminated PO 3.5 scope, other than the 2nd number and the reticle.

I thought POSSIBLY a dragunov, or even an RPG, but with the reticle scale starting out at 500 meters, its definitely NOT for an AK47 or 74.

I'll post a full pic of it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, I gave the blown up pic a good look, and just by kentucky eye windage, it looks like it may be at 400 meters dead on the point of the chevron, perhaps even three hundred, with the difference almost being in half for drop between 3 and 400 hundred meters.

Its definitely NOT that precise, making an area fire application all the more likely.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
You can also contact the manufacturer, Zenit, for info.  I have e-mailed them in the past and they were good about responding.  Good English on their part as well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I emailed Dmitry at EastWave yesterday too, he might have an idea. I'm thinking PKM or machine gun type scope as well.

Z
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Side view of this scope.

Link Posted: 3/24/2011 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Zen, I take it you got my email?

I am anxious to find out if I have a potentially rare and valuable scope, or a potentially rare and worthless scope.

I'd hate to have to buy a semi PKM just to utilize it, though it would be the cats ass to top one off, if you owned one.

Link Posted: 3/24/2011 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#9]
No [email protected]? I'm not seeing anything in my junk email so I guess I haven't gotten it yet.

Dmitry from Eastwave basically said he didn't know, he wasn't familiar with this type of PO 3.5

Z
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top