Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2006 4:19:25 PM EDT
Got e-mail today saying that my order had shipped, gave me (2)  tracking numbers as I ordered (2) of the 1000 rounds of Wolf 122grain HP with what they are calling a "dry box" for $124.99. My total for 2000 rounds with shipping came to a total of $275.73, ($137.87 w/shipping per thousand. ) It sucks paying almost .14 cents a round for what was 7-8 cents 2-3 years ago., but with all I can find locally is at $3.79 a box plus tax, it still is a way better deal. UPS shows delivery due tomorrow. I still have (3) Spam cans on back order from Sportsman's Guide, maybe they'll show someday. The Cabela's order was placed originally on 5/12/06, so if it arrives tomorrow it will be 1 month & a day exactly.
SG has already sent me 2 backorder notices, and each time they want you to respond if you want to keep your order. Then I get to the mailbox tonight, and there's a new SG catalog showing Wolf again. These people never cease to amaze me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Received both packages today. The "Dry boxes" that came with the ammo each had 500 rounds, so in all I got 4 of the boxes. What is peculiar is that each box will hold 2 of the 500 round plastic sleeves of Wolf, almost made to fit. While they are plastic they are OK, but I still would prefer a good old metal Uncle Sam ammo box. The latch just barely seems to close secure and is not nearly as stiff as a GI can. I think I'll probably use them for .22 LR storage ultimately. Maybe they split each case into 2 cans because they don't think a can will ultimately hold up to the weight of a thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it Wolf old-style black box or Classic hp?
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the black box stuff.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered 2k Wolf HP from Midway, just got it today, its the old style black box. I am waiting on 2k FMJ Classic from SG, just got the notice it was shipped out yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up putting shotgun ammo in one of my dry boxes and 1k of 7.62x39 + 4 30 rd mags in the other. I also ordered 4 spam cans of 7.62x39 from Cabelas. They are good at shipping the ammo early.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like they are having a small sale too.  Nothing like the March 2006 deal ($99 per thousand) but the price for a thousand 122gr HP with two dry storage boxes is now down to $135.  

Edit:  crap, it's on backorder.    That said, I don't think Cabela's is a bad option if you are willing to wait, because they generally honor their backorders instead of just canceling them!
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I called sg today about the order I placed last month for 2k of wolf fmj and they said that it's due in on 6-30.  They also said that the hp's were due in on 9-1 so I told them to keep my order as it was but if by a small chance that hp's did come in that I would prefer them to the fmj's and they made a note of it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I ordered 2k Wolf HP from Midway, just got it today, its the old style black box. I am waiting on 2k FMJ Classic from SG, just got the notice it was shipped out yesterday.

Did you open up any of those boxes you got from Midway? They are new production with the polymer coating. No red seals around the bullets. I got 1k rds last week. Not a bad price either.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top