Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/27/2010 6:59:55 PM EDT

only screw-up is in this first picture:

hammer slipped on one of the trunnion rivets

I covered it in rubberized truck-bed liner because I seen a thread somewhere one here where somebody did that to some handguards and I liked the look.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
looks good. should be pretty durable w/ the rubber. not sure how it holds up to the heat of the barrel. the real question is how do you like it? it is your rifle after all.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh I love it!

yea I didn't think about the barrel...i'll have to let you guys know after I take it out
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Always remember your first.

Oh, and nice rifle!
Link Posted: 12/1/2010 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I did not see any before shots but I like AMD 65's and what you have here looks good.

Not sure about the rubberizing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh I love it!

yea I didn't think about the barrel...i'll have to let you guys know after I take it out

Bring a fire extinguisher with you......

Nice job!

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
That little ding gives it an authentic character. The finish is ok, maybe revolutionary. If the stuff can't take the barell heat, yuo can fix it Im sure. Good job.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Your AMD65 looks good hammer slip or not.
Is your's as lowed as mine, I don't need to hear it I can feel it fire.
The muzzle brake makes the blast feel like it comes right back at me.
Did you paint the upper rails?
If you did how did you get the bolt carrier thought the paint?
My AMD65 was painted with a thick heat resistant paint & I had a problem getting it to slide down the rail.
After painting and baking I assembled it & the bolt carrier was dragging. I had to sandblast, file the upper rails thinner, repaint & bake to harden the paint.
The rework helped but it was still a little stiff, after a couple hundred rounds it loosened up and shoots good now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Your AMD65 looks good hammer slip or not.
Is your's as lowed as mine, I don't need to hear it I can feel it fire.
The muzzle brake makes the blast feel like it comes right back at me.
Did you paint the upper rails?
If you did how did you get the bolt carrier thought the paint?
My AMD65 was painted with a thick heat resistant paint & I had a problem getting it to slide down the rail.
After painting and baking I assembled it & the bolt carrier was dragging. I had to sandblast, file the upper rails thinner, repaint & bake to harden the paint.
The rework helped but it was still a little stiff, after a couple hundred rounds it loosened up and shoots good now.

sorry for the late reply, but no I made sure not to get any on the inside at all

Link Posted: 8/4/2011 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, keep your shots spaced out and you might be fine.  Go through a mag in anything less than a minute and it will burn (well actually it will probably melt and drip off, but you get the picture).  
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm getting ready to build a kit that I have had sitting for a couple of years.

My biggest question is:  Where do you find a tutorial on how to put the folding stock together?

I know how to do an underfolder, but not a sidefolder.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top