Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:13:14 AM EDT
I have a colt 6920 that I'm trying to clean.  I've never had a problem removing the cam pin, but today it refuses to rotate.  I have pushed the bolt back into the bolt carrier so the pin comes down, but it only twists a little bit.  Took a pair of pliers and gently tried to rotate it but that won't work either.  Does anyone have a suggestion?
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You do have the firing pin out, right?
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeaahhh that was the problem.  Thanks for correcting my foolishness
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did the same thing the other night. I was talking to my son and not paying attention. Finally I looked down and saw no firing pin.........dumb I know.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#7]
And they trust you guys with rifles?????

Just kidding, last week finished cleanig and  saw the  firing pin on the bench after re-assembly...shit happens we are all guilty....
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#8]
That happened to me once and after a while I through the gun down my driveway.........
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]
At work we carry M4's that you have to check out, so 3 or 4 guys are assigned to checkout a gun.  I went to check mine out to qualify with it and when I got to the range, I took it out of the car and heard a rattle.  Took it apart and someone who had qual'd with it the day before had put the bcg back together, except they put the cam pin in, then the firing pin retainer clip, and then the firing pin.  So nothing was holding the FP in there and it was just flopping around.  I'm glad it was on a qual day and not on something serious where I would've needed to shoot at someone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
At work we carry M4's that you have to check out, so 3 or 4 guys are assigned to checkout a gun.  I went to check mine out to qualify with it and when I got to the range, I took it out of the car and heard a rattle.  Took it apart and someone who had qual'd with it the day before had put the bcg back together, except they put the cam pin in, then the firing pin retainer clip, and then the firing pin.  So nothing was holding the FP in there and it was just flopping around.  I'm glad it was on a qual day and not on something serious where I would've needed to shoot at someone.

Maybe, but most likely they just didn't push the firing pin all the way in before pushing the firing pin retainer in. That happened to me one time, caught it on the function check post reassembly. Dry fire didn't sound right. Opened it back up and found the problem pretty quickly Made the statement to myself" That's why I do a function check"

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, but most likely they just didn't push the firing pin all the way in before pushing the firing pin retainer in. That happened to me one time, caught it on the function check post reassembly. Dry fire didn't sound right. Opened it back up and found the problem pretty quickly Made the statement to myself" That's why I do a function check"

I did that once too. Now I close the bolt like its in battery before inserting the retaining pin.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top