Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 6:14:19 AM EDT
I performed a search and came up with one post regarding this combination. Is it normal to have minimal lateral play with a TD (or any) VG? I'm a little pissed that Surefire AND TD claim they are milspec systems, yet I'm getting side to side play (I read the Surefire claim in a "Combat Tactics" mag -  basically a 100 page Surefire advertisement) .

I've shaken, rattled and spun the rifle (unloaded) by holding just the VG and it didn't come apart, so I assume it is stable enough for use. Is there a way to get rid of this play (other than buying a different VG)? I hate things that rattle, especially rifles that cost over $1800.00. If this play is to be expected, then no harm no foul. I just hoped for more from this combination. I appreciate your replies. hanks!Chris
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
This thread may help you. I would
contact the SF official. Please report back!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The M73 is rock solid on the upper. There is play between the M73 and the TD VG.

I've emailed someone at SF, so hopefully I'll have a response soon. FWIW, the rail is pretty trick.

Cato,

Yeah, I've read through that thread. I hope I got one of the lemons, but we'll see...

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:05:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]
No prob by me, as long as they have a large scale fix for their problem his
Chris
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, ask and ye shall receive. SF hit another one out of the park for me have

Chris
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I got a brand new M73 from SF on Friday (they overnighted it to me) and installed it in minutes (you gotta love this design) have I'm going to contact Tango Down next to see what they offer for a solution, as the M73 is staying on my carbine he
Chris
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the M73 and have the fobus grip on it.  MAAAAAD tight.
I am putting the TD grip on my fobus m44, but will try it out on the surefire system.

I have no favorites here, as I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to the AR, but the M73 is a precision piece of art, I doubt they're in the wrong here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
So now that you have 2 of them, how much for the extra M73?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Ah, but if it were that easy. I have to send the first M73 back
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Thought I would try....   So how do you like the M73? Is it a good substitute for the KAS RAS? I have been looking at it for my new M4 and it is much cheaper than the KAC. Also, any pics.....must see it!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#12]
he
I should have some pics soon. I wanted to wait until I install my new Vltor this week (inbound from Grant) before taking pics. The rifle will then be complete. All the aftermarket stuff I've added to the rifle was purchased from gandrtactical and I'm evaluating a mount for the E2d from brightflashlights.

Chris
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top