Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2004 10:34:07 AM EDT
Post like this
Lower Fails function check

Do not post like this
FTE Question

You can see that in the first case we could go immediately into problem solving. In the second case we had to ascertain what the author was asking THEN what his rifle's problem was.

When you post make sure to include all pertinent details.

If it is a sighting problem we'll need to know the sight type, barrel length, rifling twist, range, ammunition, and any muzzle attachments.

If it is function problem we'll need to know the make and model (or lineage for Frankenguns) of the rifle, who (factory or other) did the assembly, the precise (describe it) malfunction, the magazines and ammunition used, what mods have been done to the rifle, and any related history.

Here's a template to follow

---question template---

Mellow greetings fellow ARFers. I have a problem with my AR15. I've read the FAQ, the List Rules, the Sample Post and the Glossary and couldn't find this exact problem. My AR15 is a (barrel length and style, maker, model number/name, sight type, handguards, gas manifold, muzzle attachment, caliber, buttstock, gas system, chamber type-if known) and it's failing to (feed, chamber, lock, fire, unlock, extract, eject, lock) with (brand)(capacity) round mags firing (maker)(weight) grain ammo. When I fire the bolt comes to the rear (or not) but the expended (or not) case is left in the chamber(or not). The next round in the magazine feeds (or not) into the rear of the expended case (or not). I've tried replacing the (?) and the (?) and my gunsmith checked the (?) but it's still not working. I've had the rifle several years (or not) and this is the first (or not) problem I've had with it. Please help me I really really love my AR and I've been told you guys are the best.

Thanks in advance.
A rookie out of his league.

---/question template---
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
tp prevent
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top