Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2013 9:09:27 PM EDT
Has anyone seen these?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/942762_465794466837825_1201607879_n.jpg
They make them in manly black too
They opened orders today
Check it out
www.facebook.com/EPLowers
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat! I need to build a .22. I wonder if they'll sell from their physical location. Maybe a drive up there is in order.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I think 80% lowers are cool as hell. What I can't understand is how they sell out faster than a completely machined lower.

I don't get paying $100 for an 80% polymer lower when there are  100%, forged 7075 lowers available for less.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 12:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#4]
From the web site ---- "Completely Mil Spec with integrated trigger guard, flared and broached magwell."
Any one have the military specification for an 80% plastic receiver?
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is my comment and their reply in the comments of the post about it on 'The Firearm Blog':

Great idea- but the price is a bit high IMO. $50 shipped would get an order from me.

This is NOTHING like any other polymer lower on the market. These are more expensive to prodece than a New Frontier or FMK. I could not sell these for 50 bucks viably. There is more to the cost than just prediction... there Iis considerable overhead and legal expenses involved. Its well worth the money.

Obviously his production costs are his problem, it's worth $50 shipped to me. Like others have said I see no reason to get an 80% plastic lower for similar price of a 100% aluminum.

I have nothing against plastic either, I have a Plum Crazy lower as a dedicated .22lr and, despite what many here insist, it hasn't ruined my life. I paid something like $112 shipped for it- a complete lower.

ETA- I do think it's a great idea though. Hope they succeed and can bring the price down. Too bad he wasn't ready to ship 6mos ago, would have made bank.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#6]
From the web page.....

Composite DIY Lower receiver

Already completed:

1) Magazine well
2) Pistol grip area completed
3) Trigger guard holes drilled
4) Front and rear pivot pin holes drilled and reamed
5) Selector retainer hole drilled
6) Main hole for buffer tube drilled and threaded
7) Buffer retainer hole drilled
8) Magazine release/catch slots finished
10) Take down lug milled out (you may need to slightly open it)

To be done by you:

1) Fire control pocket
2) Drill trigger pin hole
3) Drill hammer pin hole
4) Cut trigger slot
5) Selector hole
6) Drill bolt catch roll pin hole  

First set - you would think that he would have number 10 - done right - that should be on his quality control....

The last set - number 6 seems to be the tuff one - believe that there is a jig for all the other steps - then again I just might be wrong.

I do feel that unless you want a pink lower, and no one else has one - why would you spend more money on a lower that you have to work on make out of plastic or composite?  the savings of an FFL fee is to me not worth it.

You would think that he would have put up a vid on how to finish one of his lowers, and have some jigs and bits for sale in his store.

Of course YMMV

Red

Edit - to make some grammar correct
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#7]
The $100.00 price tag is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I want one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it really necessary for people to come into these 80% threads and bitch about the price and/or tell to people to get finished receivers instead?  We know that it costs more money, if the last six months of this criminal admInistration does not show people the logic of doing 80%ers then maybe they should just get out of these threads.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
How in the hell are you supposed to drill the bolt catch roll pin hole?
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#13]
No selling in tech forums
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top