Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2013 11:01:28 AM EDT
I have seen the Aero Precision Blem Lowers come up for stock a couple times in the last few weeks and I am wondering what peoples experiences with them are?  what REALLY needs to be done to them? Is it really just "cosmetic" blemishes or is there any serious modification that needs to be done to bring them within spec?

Any info would be great! thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought an Aero blem lower a few weeks back, built my first AR on it.  Definitely just aesthetics and even at that it wasn't that bad.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Just aesthetics.  Usually a hard to find nick on or below the anodizing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
My FFL couldn't even find the Blem on the one I have, I noticed a scuff or swirl in one area, but it's not noticeable without scrutinizing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
awesome. Thanks everyone. :)
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have seen the Aero Precision Blem Lowers come up for stock a couple times in the last few weeks and I am wondering what peoples experiences with them are?  what REALLY needs to be done to them? Is it really just "cosmetic" blemishes or is there any serious modification that needs to be done to bring them within spec?

Any info would be great! thanks!

I've bought two of the PSA blems and I only had one slightly noticeable scuff on one of them.  You really had to look for it.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/lower-receivers/palmetto-state-armory-blemished-lower-receiver.html
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Aero Precision makes good receivers and stands behind their quality.  A blem part is a good buy, IMO. - CW
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Five guys at my FFL dealer couldn't find anything wrong with my blem and I'm about to mate it to a PSA blem complete upper for my first build that nobody can find the blem.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#8]
My blem was purely cosmetic,  Something must've dripped or splashed on it during anodizing.  Barely noticeable unless you look close under a bright light.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Still in stock, just ordered 2
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Just order one they are good to go, good luck finding anything wrong with it
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just aesthetics.  Usually a hard to find nick on or below the anodizing.

I bought a 10 pack of dpms blem lowers. Couldn't find anything on most of them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I would be down to buy one, anyone know where to look?
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#13]
My friend just got an aero blem. it was scratched on the inside of the reciever. for 99 bux i would jump all over them
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I have aero upper and psa lower.   Nice and
great fit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered an AERO blem lower on Friday. How long do they usually take to come in??
Link Posted: 5/7/2013 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#16]
How long is the shipping time on Aero? I ordered a blem lower last night and was just wondering.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How long is the shipping time on Aero? I ordered a blem lower last night and was just wondering.

I would like to know as well, I just ordered a few. Let me know if you can, thanks.

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Aero Precision makes good receivers and stands behind their quality.  A blem part is a good buy, IMO. - CW

They're just a Cerakote and/or hydroprint job away from perfection.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to know as well, I just ordered a few. Let me know if you can, thanks.

I ordered mine last Friday and it shipped out on Thursday. Scheduled delivery is on the 16th so this week maybe
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#20]
In my experience, by the time you assemble and fire the weapon, any original blems will pale in comparison to wear and tear from regular use.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I've seen blemish lowers that looked perfect, especially the earlier Noveske chainsaw lowers. Now that John Noveske passed,Noveske will let anything out the door.Saw two Gen2 chainsaw lowers at the lgs & they looked like they were used for a lunch time soccer game & then anodized!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered mine last Friday and it shipped out on Thursday. Scheduled delivery is on the 16th so this week maybe

awesome, thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top