Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2012 11:25:13 AM EDT
I recieved an AAC shirt as a present a few weeks ago.  I put it on, and realized that the picture is two crossed ARs with what looks like ACR folding stocks.  Do these exists for AR15s?  I searched and couldn't find anything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Simple answer is yes and no.  You cannot put a folding stock on an AR without modification since thats where the bolt carrier rides back into.  But it has been done, check out the Para Ord TTR and the newer Rock River LAR PDS, I think thats what its called.  There have been plenty of threads out there, just search around on google if you can't find anything here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Rare and relatively expensive, but they do exist - the two mentioned above, plus the Olympic Arms OA-93 uppers.

And the quite expensive and apparently really hard to actually get ZM Weapons LR-300

Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't you forget the best of all?
The beautiful Sig. 556.

Link Posted: 1/16/2012 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]

How is that an AR at all?

It's a fancy AK.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rare and relatively expensive, but they do exist - the two mentioned above, plus the Olympic Arms OA-93 uppers.

http://olyarms.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/ar15-pistols%2Ffull-oa-93.jpg

And the quite expensive and apparently really hard to actually get ZM Weapons LR-300

http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/lr300_2.jpg

The Para is the Z-M.  Z-M sold them their design.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's a fancy AK.

Good point.

I suppose that any "AR" with a folding stock isn't really an AR.

Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's the AAC XGuns Side Tee then those are what appear to be ACRs & not ARs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a fancy AK.

Good point.

No, the other guns mentioned, like the RRA PDS and Z-M/Para, those are still ARs, modified, but still ARs.  The Sig 556 isn't even remotely an AR.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good point.

All three systems listed; Z-M/Para, RRA and Olympic, can be purchased as uppers-only, and will drop on to any AR lower.  That makes them ARs.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top