BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 11:40:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
To answer your question, JT and Del-Ton seem to be the favorite kit suppliers of ARFCOM.

BUT...

I think you are better off buying a quality pieces from known quality sources. This way you ca spec what you want and don't have to do it again. An example woulde be get a BCM upper, set of MagPul MOE handguards, a BCM BCG, BCM gunfighter charge handle. Then get a quality LPK, like a DD or Palmetto, Palmetto even has LPKs with upgades like MOE or MIAD grips. Then all you have to do is pick a stock. Bunch of dealers have mil spec extension kits and some have packages with MagPul or Vltor stocks.

You will spend a few bucks more on better parts and a bit of shipping but end  up with exactly what you want.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
M&A ships quality components... fast!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
This is  what I have done.  

I bought barrels then uppers.... BCM BCG's and Charging handles... flash hiders/comps.... DD rails.(with wrench).. gas blocks... tubes...

Got a descent torque wrench.... Aeroshell grease..... Upper vice block.

The rest is history and I got the exact uppers that i wanted.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is  what I have done.  

I bought barrels then uppers.... BCM BCG's and Charging handles... flash hiders/comps.... DD rails.(with wrench).. gas blocks... tubes...

Got a descent torque wrench.... Aeroshell grease..... Upper vice block.

The rest is history and I got the exact uppers that i wanted.

Yup. That's how I roll too.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out Palmetto State Armory, they're selling their complete uppers at what I assume is introductory pricing. They also sell LPKs with Magpul parts already substituted. They even have their lowers cheap. With a couple group buy discount codes you can put together a complete 16" SS flattop midlength build with magpul lower parts for around $630 shipped.... I ordered 2 yesterday

Also for what it's worth I have built many on M&A and Delton parts and have had zero problems
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone had experience with the palmetto state lpk?  I just ordered their MOE lower part build kit and was curious to others opinions on them.  For the price of it, I couldnt complain
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
ar15sales.com has a good deal on the stag kit, with MI flip up rear site. i went with it and im happy-
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I've done 5 kits from Del Ton. All are shooters. I haven't had any issues. Three M4s, one lightweight and one heavy barrell. 3 Aero Precision Lowers, 1 Surplus Ammo and Arms and one Spike's. They all have good fit and finish. No slop in any of them.

I have no experience with the other company's kits. I've had good luck with Del Ton's customer service and no complaints about their communication. I've reached a human being everytime I called. I get emails answered in a reasonable amount of time for the work they have in their factory these days.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#10]
My local store RifleGear has kits.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone had experience with the palmetto state lpk?  I just ordered their MOE lower part build kit and was curious to others opinions on them.  For the price of it, I couldnt complain

Just used one, no complaints.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top