Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2009 6:33:36 PM EDT
Here are some pics of my first complete AR build.  Let me know what you all think.
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/rbdub474/IMGP3633.jpg
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/rbdub474/IMGP3638.jpg
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/rbdub474/IMGP3635.jpg
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/rbdub474/IMGP3634.jpg

Parts list:
Spikes Tactical upper
Spikes Tactical lower
RRA LPK
KNS Gen 2 Mod 2 pins
VLTOR Receiver extension
Magpul CTR stock
VLTOR single point sling plate
Dan Young chrome NM BCG from Spikes
BCM Gunfighter Charging handle
Daniel Defense low pro gas block
Daniel Defense Lite 9.0 forearm
YHM 10.5" barrel
YHM flash hider
Surefire M951XM07 weaponlight
Aimpoint Comp M2

Still waiting on my Troy sight set

Like I said tell me what you think.. Anything I need to change or add?  All comments welcome.

Thanks for all the helpful info during the build!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, I'd yank that upper off there QUICK.

I don't see any engravings indicating that the rifle is SBRed.

A rifle with a barrel under 16" on a non-SBR lower is a FELONY!

Pull the upper and store it someplace FAR FAR away from that lower (like a different town), or get a pistol buffer tube, and run it as a pistol.

Sure would hate to see a N00B get pwned by the jack-booted thugs, over such a stupid (and probably honest) mistake.

Get those two apart, and get these pics off the internets, ASAP!

And keep your dog at someone else's house, so he doesn't get shot. ;)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Relax, dude, he shipped it to Orion for engraving.  It's a nice build.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good to know.

Like I said, I'd just really hate to see another excuse for the ATF to ruin another life over something silly. I could be wrong, since I have yet to do an SBR (going to do it on my next build), but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have the lower engraved BEFORE you marry the upper and the lower.

Please clarify for me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
good looking blaster
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
oh and maybe add a can to it
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Replace the YHM flash hider with a PWS muzzle brake.

The PWS is amazing, I just put it on my LWRC M6A2 select fire w/10.5" barrel. It removed 99% of the muzzle rise.

That's if you're ever going to turn that SBR into an SMG with a RDIAS.

You know you want to.

And get some Beta C Mags...

VERY NICE BUILD...SPIKES makes some great gear, as does YHM, Vltor, BCM and DD!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
it looks loud...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
cool build, congrats on the new SBR

love the bolt with the Spikes lower :)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:27:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Uh, I'd yank that upper off there QUICK.

I don't see any engravings indicating that the rifle is SBRed.

A rifle with a barrel under 16" on a non-SBR lower is a FELONY!

Pull the upper and store it someplace FAR FAR away from that lower (like a different town), or get a pistol buffer tube, and run it as a pistol.

Sure would hate to see a N00B get pwned by the jack-booted thugs, over such a stupid (and probably honest) mistake.

Get those two apart, and get these pics off the internets, ASAP!

And keep your dog at someone else's house, so he doesn't get shot. ;)

How do you know that he didn't have it engraved on the front of the magwell? That's where I have all of mine engraved & you can't tell from looking at side pics. Don't jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.

Like I said, I'd just really hate to see another excuse for the ATF to ruin another life over something silly. I could be wrong, since I have yet to do an SBR (going to do it on my next build), but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have the lower engraved BEFORE you marry the upper and the lower.

Please clarify for me.

I've heard both ways for the engraving.  But I did have mine engraved under the trigger guard by Orion prior to getting my stamp back and putting the rifle together.  If you look closely at the last picture, you can see a little of the engraving near the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got a KAC QDSS-NT4 waiting for my stamp to come back  So I'm hoping that quiets it down a little.  I actually was expecting this rifle to be louder than it was, don't get me wrong its loud just not as bad as expected.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.

Please clarify for me.

I've heard both ways for the engraving.  But I did have mine engraved under the trigger guard by Orion prior to getting my stamp back and putting the rifle together.  If you look closely at the last picture, you can see a little of the engraving near the trigger.

Didn't mean to jump to conclusions. You'd stated that it was your first build, and didn't mention an SBR. I just assumed you didn't know. And we all know what assuming does. Wasn't trying to be rude at all. On the contrary, I was just trying to make sure nothing bad happened to ya. The Gestapo is not very forgiving about those sorta things.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous build. I wouldn't change a thing at this point.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.

Please clarify for me.

Didn't mean to jump to conclusions. You'd stated that it was your first build, and didn't mention an SBR. I just assumed you didn't know. And we all know what assuming does. Wasn't trying to be rude at all. On the contrary, I was just trying to make sure nothing bad happened to ya. The Gestapo is not very forgiving about those sorta things.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous build. I wouldn't change a thing at this point.

No offense taken, I appreciate the fact that there are people on this board looking out for others.  It is my first build, but I've been around AR's for quite awhile and decided it was time to build one the way I wanted instead of getting something from the factory and changing it anyway.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top