Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2007 9:46:37 PM EDT
Does anyone know which company sells the cheapest AR-15 stripped lower receiver?
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I've answered this before, and either got poo pooed or ignored. Check out rguns.com sorry, I don't know how to linky. They have DPMS stripped lowers. Ibought two of them last year for $99 dealer cost each. I think they went up $10 this year. Check 'em and see.
www.rguns.net/009_page3.html
Linky works!! woohoo!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Superiors are selling for $90 each I think.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Superiors are selling for $90 each I think.

At Aim Surplus.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The Cheapest I have seen are Essential Arms. $77

Essential Arms

I haven't had good luck getting ahold of them but, the seem to be the cheapest if you can get one.

I have only seen one up close and personal.  Never assembled a rifle on one.  so I can't say how they compare to others out there.

I have used a Superior Arms ($89).  It's been just fine.  The cheapest lower I have.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't seen the essential arms, but I got 3 superior lowers, with the trigger set screws, just last year for 85 shipped each?  Had to buy 3 to get that low though... and my FFL is really good about my transfers, I am impressed with the lowers fit, not so much with the finish...

Of course, too bad you missed out on the Armalite "stab another dealer in the back sale" like I did, lots of guys picked up CavARms lowers for 50 bucks a pop...
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#6]
If your intention is to build an AR as economically as possible, I for one would like to see the finished result with a total dollar amount spent and some pics. I think it could be done for $500 or less.

Please keep us posted.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 5:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought several Essential Arms lowers.  I have not assembled them yet, but initial impressions are favorable.

If you buy two or more, they are $76.00 each.  Shipping seems to be $14.00 for most orders, regardless of how many you buy.  Adding in transfer fees, and then dividing the total cost, I got these for about $85.00 each.

I have a Superior Arms lower as well, and the quality seems to be there.  However, at $90.00 plus $10.00 shipping and $25.00 transfer fee, that set me back $125.00, or $40.00 more than the Essential Arms lowers I ordered.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Stag and Double Star $100 shipped at Ballistic Sounds Tactical Supply for members of AR15.com.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I built an M4 clone about three weeks ago with an Essential Arms stripped lower and it turned out great. It went together perfect and it fits very tight. The rifle runs like a top, 500+ rounds without a single malfunction and that includes letting a friend of mine bump fire four full 30 rnd mags on a couple of different occasions. I put the rifle together with a Garrison MFG complete upper kit($440 delivered), and the Essential Arms lower($81 delivhttp://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/Gutss/0825071233.jpgered) for a total cost of $521.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#10]
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AR15_Lower_Receivers.html

Double Star Corp Star-15 AR15 .223/5.56 Lower Receiver
Price: $99.95ea

Superior Arms S-15 AR15 .223/5.56 Lower Receiver
Price: $89.95ea

Stag Arms AR-15 .223 Lower Receiver
Price: $99.95ea

Link Posted: 9/9/2007 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I haven't seen the essential arms, but I got 3 superior lowers, with the trigger set screws, just last year for 85 shipped each?  Had to buy 3 to get that low though... and my FFL is really good about my transfers, I am impressed with the lowers fit, not so much with the finish...

Of course, too bad you missed out on the Armalite "stab another dealer in the back sale" like I did, lots of guys picked up CavARms lowers for 50 bucks a pop...
Woot I got two of those
Eta The essential is the cheapest I have found
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#12]
i've bought double stars back home in PA from a local dealer for $125ish OTD (Stags were $10 less but I paid extra not to have the stupid deer head)....thats about as cheap as I can get.  I thought about going with EA lowers but really I was antsy and didn't want to wait so I just picked them up locally.  Got consecutive serial numbers on them to boot even though I purchased them 2 weeks apart (he kept the one aside for me since I expressed an interest in it) as well as my 2 NDS-3 AK receivers.

I hate to sound vain but I paid the extra for the nicer roll mark....
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I buy mine on Gunbroker.com from Steven Winstead who sells Superior Arms (last time it was $82).  Although Essential Arms would fit the bill.

Link Posted: 9/10/2007 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Between excluding shipping and other various places I can get parts from, the absolute cheapest I could go building an AR15 - nothing spectacular, all basic "make it go bang" parts - would be $340 $420.  (Forgot about a part!)  $515 (Forgot about TWO parts...)

Heck, now that I know that, I just might do it!!  

_MaH
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
Between excluding shipping and other various places I can get parts from, the absolute cheapest I could go building an AR15 - nothing spectacular, all basic "make it go bang" parts - would be $340.  

Heck, now that I know that, I just might do it!!  H

Im not trying to insult you or say you’re lying buy how can you build a complete ar for 340? Cheapest ive been able to calculate is like 630 before shipping and transfer fee for the lower.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Also you can look for a deal on cavalry arms sythetic lowers... they are a little more, but the buttstock and grip are integral, so often you end up saving money.

- AG
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Between excluding shipping and other various places I can get parts from, the absolute cheapest I could go building an AR15 - nothing spectacular, all basic "make it go bang" parts - would be $340.  

Heck, now that I know that, I just might do it!!  

_MaH

Im not trying to insult you or say you’re lying buy how can you build a complete ar for 340? Cheapest ive been able to calculate is like 630 before shipping and transfer fee for the lower.

You are quite right, actually.  In my rust rush to throw together a figure, I had forgotten to include the cost of an upper receiver and bolt carrier!  Kind of essential....

So, recalculated....

Lower Receiver - $75
Upper Receiver - $80
Lower Parts Kit - $45
Buttstock Kit - $50
Barrel Kit - $170
Bolt Carrier - $95

Total - $515 (excluding shipping)

I guess it's not as great savings as I thought...  Still better than buying it complete, though

_MaH

Update -- again...
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Heck, now that I know that, I just might do it!!  H

You are quite right, actually.  In my rust rush to throw together a figure, I had forgotten to include the cost of an upper receiver and bolt carrier!  Kind of essential....

So, recalculated....

Lower Receiver - $75
Upper Receiver - $80
Lower Parts Kit - $45
Buttstock Kit - $50
Barrel Kit - $170
Bolt Carrier - $95

Total - $515 (excluding shipping)

I guess it's not as great savings as I thought... hinking.gif  Still better than buying it complete, though H
Update -- again...

Thanks for clearning that up for me.

Link Posted: 9/11/2007 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#20]
$521 including shipping, It's the one in the picture earlier in the thread. (All new parts)
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#21]
my m16a1 clone is going to cost $539 when done this week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought three lowers from Essential Arms a couple of weeks ago.  Built one up with a kit from Garrison, and it seems good and with a couple of mags, a sling, shipping and transfer fees, it came ot $609.  Built another up with a matched upper from Essential, and it was tight as can be (pictured).  All the machining and finish was great.

Mark

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/mkauder/LRR.jpg
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top