Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:22:38 PM EDT
Does anyone still make and sell the 80% lowers?
What do they cost?
Link Posted: 7/19/2007 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I copied this from CNCGUNSMITHING for you.  Kevin is backordered three weeks as of the other day.

Kevin is selling some of the best 80% AR15 lower receiver forgings that I've ever seen.  The mag well has been cut with an EDM machine, so it has a super nice finish.  If you are looking for a 80% AR15 lower receiver, I would highly suggest buying from Kevin.  When you mention my website you can buy these awesome receivers from Kevin for $120.  You can contact him at [email protected]  

Hope this helps

Erik      
Link Posted: 7/19/2007 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
www.ar15plus.com
Link Posted: 7/21/2007 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
www.ar15plus.com

+1  Am finishing one now.  Nice forging, nice 80% machine work.
Link Posted: 7/22/2007 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.ar15plus.com

+1  Am finishing one now.  Nice forging, nice 80% machine work.

I have one of theirs also.  decent piece, but the fire control area is not finished out, so I had to file my hammer and trigger down to fit inside, and also the rear lug on the upper.  But it's done and functions flawlessly, so I guess that's just a minor issue really.  However I also have three of Kevin's and have to say they are perfect in every way I can measure.  FCG area is finished so no filing is required on any parts.  The only other thing I noticed is I have one mag stamped on the baseplate, NHMTG HARTFORD, CT, which is a very tight fit into the ar15plus lower, in fact, it almost has to be shoved in, and needs to be yanked out pretty good to remove, but it fits perfectly and drops free from the ones I got from Kevin.  In my opinion it's worth the wait.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/22/2007 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I am also considering going the 80% route but I don't really want to buy a jig for just one receiver. Has anyone considered having an 80% party?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top