Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2005 12:41:01 PM EDT
I am currently planning my second AR build my last was a basic 16 inch RRA, with a fixed carry handle, I want to go from mild to wild. I am going with a 16 inch barrel four position collapsible stock, flat top to work from after that Im not sure. I have a few questions though. I am going to get the YHM 4 rail free float forearm possibly the lightweight. However I want to know how stable this system is in relation to the gas tube. Im worried that through the mechanical advantage from having a vertical forward grip, I might torque the forearm and pinch off the tube. I know certain forearms have locking screws but this one doesnt appear to. also with the more popular optics such as EOTECh, and Aimpoint.  will I have interference from my standard A2 front sight. having mounted them directly on the flat top without any type of riser. Next I wanted to know, what is my cheapest option in a removable rear sight, the folding ones are a little too pricey for me, something just vary basic  Lastly, due to lack of funds before I decide on nice optics, I plan on spending under 100 dollars on a red dot scope, which will eventually come off and be used on another rifle, Recomendations?

Sry for all the gramatical errors, just got out of 4 hours of class and 13 hours of work.  Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
the yhm will work out real good. nice, cheap option

if you are able to twist the handguard bbl. nut then please lay off the roids

for removable buis why not cut your carry handle

there are aimpoint ripoffs in the equipment exchange you can look at
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
forgot

brightflashlights
in the industry carriers yhm and offers great prices and service to the arfcom community. he also offer yhm buis which might work out for your budget, they are a great option to higher priced ones.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I loctited a yhm ff tube to the yhm barrel nut.

The barrel nut came off the receiver first....

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two YHM LW FF tubes and they rock....  Daily duty use and no problems what so ever..
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
i have the a YHM lightweight FF rail on my build with a Tangodown VFG.  No, it's pretty much impossible to torque it loose.  You'd pretty much have to stick the the upper in a vice and hammer on the VFG with a mallet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
YHM lightweight is what I use, never had a problem... Be sure to loctite the FF and locking-ring to the barrel nut when installing, or chances are it will come loose after it heats up a few times from firing the weapon...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top