Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:27:59 PM EDT
I just picked up a M4 barrel and heard that I need an upper with special M4 feed ramps machined in.  Is this true?

Does the RRA upper have this feature? (This is the upper I'm planning on purchasing)

Also, does the RRA upper have the etched T markings?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Dunno if RRA Does this or not,  but yes they do have T marked uppers,  this one has something that resembles M-4 cuts but dont think they are the real thing.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA does not have factory extended ramps.  They are Dremeled in after assembly.  If you have a Dremeled RRA barrel, chances are it is a one of a kind part and even a receiver with factory extended ramps will probably not work without some tweaking to the barrel extension.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
here

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=233814

Perfect!  Thank you, that is exactly what I am looking for!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
And looking at the differences between the actual barrel extensions will probably also help to make it more clear to everyone what we are speaking of...

I did some measurements a few weeks ago as well.
M4 ramps are about 37 to 38 degrees.
Standard ramps were 45 to 46 degrees.

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top