Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2005 3:02:40 PM EDT
Just completed my first build, and am not sure which direction the crush washer is supposed to go on.  If I got it on upside down, how will it effect the function of the weapon.  I am using an a-2 (if that makes any difference.

-thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark,

It doesn't make a difference, but there are people who feel it should go with the pointed end facing away from the shooter.  However you did it, it will work fine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll leave it alone then.
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh God.... please, please, please.... dont let this turn into a 300 page "which direction does the crush washer go" thread again.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=223397

Link Posted: 6/4/2005 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oh God.... please, please, please.... dont let this turn into a 300 page "which direction does the crush washer go" thread again.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=223397

Link Posted: 6/4/2005 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Use PEEL washers, ya can get em thinner and makes for a cleaner look and takes a couple centimeters off the OAL. . Ever since ive messed with the Peel washers, ill never go back to the crush or lock washers. .02
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Use PEEL washers, ya can get em thinner and makes for a cleaner look and takes a couple centimeters off the OAL. . Ever since ive messed with the Peel washers, ill never go back to the crush or lock washers. .02

And ever since I used a crush washer, I will never go back to using the old school peel type again.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 5:08:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And ever since I used a crush washer, I will never go back to using the old school peel type again.  

LoL...yeah i realize they are easier but for my plans it is fundamental that I have a good edge on the back of the FH, can only get that with a peel.
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 5:10:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Crush washers cost less, too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top