Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2005 2:30:28 PM EDT
After about two weeks it finally showed up.  The upper was in good condition, since its a parts kit there were a few minor (MINOR) flaws on the handgard.. seems that it was touched up with some paint.

The butt stock is clean, no real flaws, the barrel is good, the front sight post seems to have pitted a little, but was painted/parked(?) black.

The bolt carrier was fresh parked (still had that glitter to it) and not an SP1 carrier... had the assist groves.  No bolt or charging handle (backordered, not gonna be USGI?).

The USGI fire control parts are good condition (trigger, disconnector, hammer), the mag release and saftey are good condition... all other small parts are current production.  Was missing some spings and a few other small parts.

I also ordered a semi auto lower kit... missing the same small parts as the M16 kit (they probibly just throw in the same lower parts except for FCG).

Total with a couple of mags and other items was $540 (paid for select and Colt marked barrel/upper).  Not bad, but not great esp since you are getting jipped on the BC/B/CH not being USGI.

Getting all the items at once would be nice.... as it is I have a shell and no guts.

This site is great for 1st timer AR assembly... will post more as parts come in.

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The fact that the carrier had FA notches does not nessacarely make it non-authentic, the Air Force continued to buy slick sided M16s after all other branchs where getting A1s, so Colt just used the new carrier with notchs in the Air Force model. The AF model M16 would have a bird cage hider as well. Is yours 3 prong or bird cage?

I got the barreled upper from them, I was happy. Good luck to you, LMK if I can help you out on anything.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Also a lot of SP1's have the FA grooves, mine does.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The bolt carrier is positively new production.. the park gave that away.  Also aren't M16s crome lined?  

I am happy with it.... but would have like to gotten a COMPLETE parts kit, and not mixed like they have now.

Best part by far is the butt stock.  

Still happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I talked to David Michaels at SARCO about this stuff right after they had gotten it.  The only USGI (surplus AF) items they have in this offer is the barreled upper, furniture, and a few lower receiver parts (hammer, trigger, etc).  So, if you order anything else it will be brand new Brand X stuff.  SARCO did not get any older Colt's Model 601 uppers, sounds like it is all 604 parts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The bolt carrier is positively new production.. the park gave that away.  Also aren't M16s crome lined?  

I am happy with it.... but would have like to gotten a COMPLETE parts kit, and not mixed like they have now.

Best part by far is the butt stock.  

Still happy with it.

I think the first M16s were chromed, but ALL m16 variants I know of are chome lined on the inside, where the gas rings go, you'd have to take it apart to see it. I don't know if anyone makes a carrier that isn't chrome lined.

I wasn't trying to tell you that it was mil.surp., just that it could still be an accurate replacement.
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a 1911 kit from SARCO had
You may not get what you pay for, but you sure pay for what you get!
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I ordered a 1911 kit from SARCO . It was missing a part, and I had to trim, file down and/or polish  just about every part in the kit.

You may not get what you pay for, but you sure pay for what you get!

Rule at my house. "If someone else sells it, DON'T get it from SARCO!"

I only buy from them if it's something I can't find anywhere else, and that doesn't happen very often.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top