Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2003 1:06:21 PM EDT
Has anyone here bought a AR kit from Sherluk Marketing? I seen thier both at the local gun show recently. Thier uppers look good. They go for $425.00 for a complete 20" kit. Not to bad of price. But after reading through the threads here, I have not seen anyone saying anything about Sherluk. I was wondering about thier quality. The website for Sherluk is: www.sherluk.com. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
They have been around as long as I have, (must be as old as dirt). Nice family owned buisness with decent products for the price.
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought some stuff (tools, free float tubes, gas blocks, flash hiders, small parts, etc) from them at shows, and I've never had a problem.  Their prices are decent, and they're nice people.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 20" HBAR upper kit from them and it's excellent.  Nice black finish that matches my RRA and Eagle Arms lowers.  Tight fit too.  Like everyone has said, very nice people to work with.

-DE
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I buy from them at shows and through the net. I agree; good quality, good prices. No problems.

...Very flakey email, though...If it doesn't work, use the phone...
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input. I am going to try one of thier kits.
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have built a 16" flattop from their parts.  I got everything minus lower for $415.  I also have a close shooting buddy that has built two from them and is working on a third.  Good people and good product in my opinion.  If an dwhen i build another AR it will be from them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw Sherluk at the OHIO PRO show this weekend.  They had some nice T-numbered flat top uppers on display.

Does anyone have specs on the uppers and barrels?  Are the receivers forged?  WHat type of steel do they use on their barrels and what twist do they use.  Also does anyone know who do they get their barrels and receivers from?
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
They said their barrels afe Wilson.  Not sure about the other stuff.  My friend's upper seems pretty nice.  A couple of the small parts were questionable though.  Bolt catch plunger was a bit large, one trig. pin was a little gnarly.  Easily fixed with cordless drill and Hard Ark. stone set.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
If you buy something and it breaks they work w/ you, I broke an extractor for my 7.62x39 and they just gave me a new one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Received my kit from Sherluk today. Very impressed with the quality. I had them put on a muzzle break. Excellent finish to the barrel. I got an A3 with a flat top gas block. They sold me the A2 carry handle and detachable front sight. Can't wait till tomorrow to excercise it a bit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I used their kit, the only problem was the bolt catch plunger was a little tight. Used a cordless drill and some 400 grit wet sand paper with some oil and it fit fine.
I got the 20" A-4 with the chrome lined Wilson barrel for $475.00  $50.00 of that was for the chrome.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top