Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2013 9:17:49 PM EDT
Alright well I just recently completed a build and wanted to add a laser for the finishing touch and have no idea where to start, im lookin for a reliable but not to expensive laser to throw on my rock river and would love any feedback you guys got. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Kryptonite k-15 is about as cheap as I'd go. They are over $100. And even then they get mixed reviews.

.  The ones you see for pistols can be used but for the ones that stand up to rifle use your not saving a whole lot and the controls are not really suited for a rifle.

Anything worthy of real use is going to be pretty wallet draining
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at the Crimson Trace Rail Master.  I have one for my pistol, but it seems sturdy enough for an AR15.
http://www.crimsontrace.com/01-9690
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
laser devices
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 2:54:58 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.opticsplanet.com/lasermax-uni-max-rifle-value-pack.html

I'm haven't learned how to link it up.

this is the one I used very low pofile. good cost.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Alright well I just recently completed a build and wanted to add a laser for the finishing touch and have no idea where to start, im lookin for a reliable but not to expensive laser to throw on my rock river and would love any feedback you guys got. Thanks!

For 99.9% of end-users, professional or recreational, unless you're planning to invest in NV and get a combined IR/VIS laser, the cost of most duty-ready visible lasers is not justified by their utility.  

A visible laser is useful only in a very narrow range of uses, and is usually more of a liability than an advantage to those not sufficiently trained in their use.  

Of the visible lasers I would consider "duty ready," for the most part, you're looking at either the Insight CVL (AN/PEQ-5) - almost $1,000, and the LDI OTAL/ITAL series - over $500.  

Honestly - if Insight is able to stick to the price objective for the CIVL slaved IR/VIS laser module, it is probably a better investment at around the $400-500 price point so that you have the option when funds allow to go to NV capabilities.  

However, the CIVL is not yet available, and while a rough projected price point has been tentatively announced, there's no guarantee at the point that Insight will be able to match it when it becomes available.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a TLR-4 on an AR and it works great.  I have it sighted in with my eotech at 25 yards.  Plus its a laser/light combo - saves space and weight and its about $100.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use a TLR-4 on an AR and it works great.  I have it sighted in with my eotech at 25 yards.  Plus its a laser/light combo - saves space and weight and its about $100.

Are you able to sight in the laser or is it fixed?
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
For light/laser combinations, IMHO, the best of the bunch would be the Surefire X400 and the Insight M6XLED.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Well,

I agree with the x400 being a good unit...

I also agree that 99.92% of people should not have a laser on thier ar...

Weapon lights are even a bit liabilas as it would be...

I have a laser on my ar pistol...it's just a toy anyhow...it would be the last weapon I'd use if I needed a weapon...

And yes it's a barska green laser...witch does work pretty good and very visiable...

But putting a beam that points to me is not first on my list.

The x400 I have on one weapon is usually just a light...not a laser.

Now, using a light has more uses than a laser...

I do have lasers on some glocks though...but my ars just have the ta31f-rmr on the flat top...even one has no rmr...all have a tanabrex...

In order of weapons needing a laser...
Last is a rifle or shotgun.
Next would be a baseball bat...I can see a real use there...
On a pistol, sure...carry weapon...never!
On an ar pistol, yep...but it's never more than a range you...
Maybe on you ssar slide fire equipped ar-15...sure...you might actually hit something with it...although still fun!

But, unless you have some serious training and years behind you don't put a laser on any rifle...
Remember that your rifle is your best friend, you don't want to give your best friend an inferiority complex do you...

I'd say put a nice light on there...I picked up a tlr-1s hp...get that with the remote tape switch...that's a usefull item...

Btw...the rifle I have the x400 on I've got the laser off!

Bret
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kryptonite k-15 is about as cheap as I'd go. They are over $100. And even then they get mixed reviews.

.  The ones you see for pistols can be used but for the ones that stand up to rifle use your not saving a whole lot and the controls are not really suited for a rifle.

Anything worthy of real use is going to be pretty wallet draining

Thanks man, I just ordered it a minute ago. Read some reviews and heard nothing but good things and love the way its set up with the pressure pad and everything. Exactly what I was lookin for, once I get the k-15 on my rifle ill definitely post some pics!
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well,

I agree with the x400 being a good unit...

I also agree that 99.92% of people should not have a laser on thier ar...

Weapon lights are even a bit liabilas as it would be...

I have a laser on my ar pistol...it's just a toy anyhow...it would be the last weapon I'd use if I needed a weapon...

And yes it's a barska green laser...witch does work pretty good and very visiable...

But putting a beam that points to me is not first on my list.

The x400 I have on one weapon is usually just a light...not a laser.

Now, using a light has more uses than a laser...

I do have lasers on some glocks though...but my ars just have the ta31f-rmr on the flat top...even one has no rmr...all have a tanabrex...

In order of weapons needing a laser...
Last is a rifle or shotgun.
Next would be a baseball bat...I can see a real use there...
On a pistol, sure...carry weapon...never!
On an ar pistol, yep...but it's never more than a range you...
Maybe on you ssar slide fire equipped ar-15...sure...you might actually hit something with it...although still fun!

But, unless you have some serious training and years behind you don't put a laser on any rifle...
Remember that your rifle is your best friend, you don't want to give your best friend an inferiority complex do you...

I'd say put a nice light on there...I picked up a tlr-1s hp...get that with the remote tape switch...that's a usefull item...

Btw...the rifle I have the x400 on I've got the laser off!

Bret

That's funny that you say that cause I just took my ss off my ar and replaced it with an acs so I could hit something! lol but I cant wait to get the k-15 and run it on top mainly just for looks and close range, cause when I shoot that's all i do is shoot close. Fast target acquisition is what im aimin to accomplish

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#12]
The pressure pad is junk. I did a review of the k-15 last (should be in the archives) year shortly after it was released. Not a bad unit but the pressure pad was very cheaply made.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The pressure pad is junk. I did a review of the k-15 last (should be in the archives) year shortly after it was released. Not a bad unit but the pressure pad was very cheaply made.

I bet it's better than the one that came with my glx barska...now that one is like three micro button switches inside a piece of shrink tube...

If it lasts longer than a few uses I'll be surprised...

Bret
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#14]
laser max uni red is about $75  nice but not bright enough for daytime outside but none are.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top