Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Just found this in the lasermax forum:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=266&t=202106&page=1

Unimax officially announced offering the Uni-IR in a C1 version!

Vic, you guys gonna offer these?
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Working out the details.  

We are also announcing the LDI IR pistol Class 1 lasers coming! They are in production.

This is good news.  Thanks guys.

-Arbiter

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Working out the details.  

We are also announcing the LDI IR pistol Class 1 lasers coming! They are in production.

This is all coming out a bit fast for my wallet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:49:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Working out the details.  

Sweet. Details?

ETA: The boards LaserMax rep says you have pricing and data sheets. Do you have any info you could share?

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Working out the details.

I know what you mean.  I'm still trying to get my NV-set up rifles equipped with Vampire lights.  Damn, this NV hobby is expensive!
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Working out the details.

I know what you mean.  I'm still trying to get my NV-set up rifles equipped with Vampire lights.  Damn, this NV hobby is expensive!

Just picked up a NIB M952V-TN off the EE for $235. Keep your eyes open there for deals, although I haven't seen a Scout or Vampire on there yet.

ETA: All I need now is the DBAL-I2, oh, and the PVS-14, and I'm in business.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the Surefire Vampire's IR illumination capacity redundant to the illuminator in the DBAL-I2?

Quoted:
Just picked up a NIB M952V-TN off the EE for $235. Keep your eyes open there for deals, although I haven't seen a Scout or Vampire on there yet.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the Surefire Vampire's IR illumination capacity redundant to the illuminator in the DBAL-I2?

Quoted:

There is no illuminator in the class 1 DBAL-I2. It has an IR and visible lasers. The restricted class 3 has an the IR laser and illuminator.

You'll need an IR light for illumination.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just throwing this out there...

The illuminator on the PEQ 2, -15 , a2/i2 and what not puts the vampire to shame.

Although Da Torch can give them a good run for their money. I need to pick up a couple more of those....

I would think that an illuminator of that power would overpower the class 1 pointer at the short distances where they're useful.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Just throwing this out there...

The illuminator on the PEQ 2, -15 , a2/i2 and what not puts the vampire to shame.

Although Da Torch can give them a good run for their money. I need to pick up a couple more of those....

It depends on what you want in an illuminator.  The illuminators on the PEQ-2, and PEQ-15/15A do indeed have much greater range an intensity than any of the Vampire lights.  But the laser-based illuminators do not have a a really usable flood setting... they have a pretty tight spot with no spill.  Not so useful for interior spaces, area searches, or navigation.  Yes, I know the PEQ-15 has a diffuser.... but it's not that great.  The Vampire lights offer an excellent compliment to the the laser illuminators for interior movement or area searching.  Adding a dedicated illuminator to a gun already loaded with a PEQ and white light is not a great option... it adds weight and bulk.  The fact that the Vampire lights put a white light and an IR light int he same package is a game changer IMO.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vic any chance of seeing a civy version of this?

http://www.tnvc.com/shop/images/11821/

Vic -

I'd buy two of the civi version CQBL-1, if LD made them.

Please inquire - thanks!

Vic -

Any word on this - civi CQBL-1?  It would be nice to have a unit where vis and IR are slaved via same adjustment knobs.  Just sayin!
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top