Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 9:51:56 AM EDT
What do you guys prefer? Let me know if you're runnin a VG or Standard handguards.

Tell me why you chose that particular setup.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I run a SF Scout Light with the clickie, right side and I use a VFG.  Grant hit my main concern, accidental light activation under stress.  Also, clickies are less prone to failure.  Tape switches wear out and can break.  Finally, with the clickie you can turn the light on and then have that hand free instead of applying constant pressure if you want light.  Those are the three reasons that I prefer the clickie.

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#4]
clicker

no vertical grip
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had good luck with tape switches.  The trick, for me, is to position them where my grip has to be consciously shifted to activate them.

YMMV.

Glenn R.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#6]
How can you activate a tap switch with the guards on it?  It takes a death grip to get an AD with the 3/4 covers on my M900.  I never have an AD.  My dislike is how difficult it is to KEEP the light on longer than a few seconds.  Id prefer a clicky for that.  Or are you guys too lazy to actually install and test the switch guards?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think another issue with the M900A is if you break the VG part, you not only lost that, but lost your light as well....

C4

Though I'm sure someone's broke a M900 vertical grip I'm confident that is a pretty rare occurance.  The vertical grip on the M900 is pretty darn durable, I've accidently smacked the handle on a barricade full force and I was sure it would be broken but other than a few scratches, a  ripped finger nail and a badly jammed finger it was good to go...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Troops in the field are reporting that they are cracking under stress....

C4

Our troops would never crack under stress!!!  If they were, they would not report it... J/K!

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I find if I mount the tape switch to the BACK of my vert grip, it's much less prone to "AD"ing, while still providing very quick squeeze/panic access. Mounting on the side of a vert grip is a mistake, imho.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think another issue with the M900A is if you break the VG part, you not only lost that, but lost your light as well....

C4

Though I'm sure someone's broke a M900 vertical grip I'm confident that his is a pretty rare occurance.  The vertical grip on the M900 is pretty darn durable, I've accidently smacked the handle on a barricade full force and I was sure it would be broken but other than a few scratches, a  ripped finger nail and a badly jammed finger it was good to go...

Troops in the field are reporting that they are cracking under stress....

C4

How often is this happening and exactly under what conditions?  

Also, from what I know Surefire will replace it for free, yes I know it doesn't help when you're in the field but at least you know Surefire will stand behind thier products.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The two big issues with the M900A is that the ARMS throw levers are breaking during muzzle strikes and such, they are also seeing stress fractures where the VG meets the frame section. As you know, I own a M900A and like it a lot. If I was going into combat though, I would be taking my TD VG and M962C...

C4

If you need to do a lot muzzle strikes the M900 with the crossbolts will probably be more durable.

Also when doing bayonet thrusts or muzzle strikes the left hand is only suppose to guide gun and the actual thrusting force should be done by the right hand.  Though I can also understand in the chaos battle that one will probably have a death grip on one's weapon.

I like my M900a a lot too but I will probably get a M952c or Scout Light and skip the vertical grip on my next carbine...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top