Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2002 6:29:45 PM EDT
Does anyone know where one of these can be had?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of a PEQ-5.  The PEQ-2s are VERY hard to come by.  I've never seen one for sale myself, but I've heard of one sell for $4K!

If there is a PEQ-5, please give details, I'm curious...
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
link to PDF file on the PEQ-5, Carbine Visible Laser
members.shaw.ca/night-vision/Doc/EQUIPMENT/peq-5.pdf
Visible laser for those who don't have NVG.

Lookie what I found!!
www.bluelinegear.com/insighttechcvl.htm
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the I.T. AN/PAQ-5 CVL

PP out
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
PP, are these pics  of your rig?  If so, how do you like the CVL, and what do you find to be the real world useful range. BTW, can I come to your house and play with your toys?
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'D CONSIDER THE SUREFIRE L72, EVERY BIT THE QUALITY AND MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE (BUT STILL NOT INEXPENSIVE!).

AND AVAILABLE.

WES GRANT
MSTN.BIZ

When is the L80 going to be available?
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 12:03:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Dmuldrew,
those toys are from my rack , right.

Sincerely I have never had the occasion to use the CVL in the real world yet .

I got it simply because I love to have my hardware completely outfitted and , anyway , the only occasion where the CVL could be useful , in my opinion , is only when you wear a gas mask.

Its range , daylight , can be 50 meters or less , night time ....,WOW ! , hundred meters easily.

You can come here to play whenever you want

PP out
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I would definitely recommend the L72, especially at 40% less cost.  Bought mine from Paul @ MSTN.  Hours and hours of fun, both day and night.  

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
How much for the L72?
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I paid $540 for the L72.  As pictured with the M950 mount and tail cap $740.  Still about $260 less than the PEQ-5.  There may be cheaper mounting methods out there, not really sure.  The guys at MSTN are more knowledgeable than I.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the CVL- Carbine Visable Laser for $1000.00 on bluelinegear.com LEO only, or can we buy them? Does it come with a mount for my RAS?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Does it come with a mount for my RAS?

Yep,it has an integrated rail mount,
PP out
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is the CVL- Carbine Visable Laser for $1000.00 on bluelinegear.com LEO only, or can we buy them? Does it come with a mount for my RAS?

Unless things have changed, it's LEO only. Ryan CAN sell the LAM, which IMHO is better anyway. The military designation for the IR and Visible version of the LAM (versions with IR are LEO only) is AN/PEQ-6. It combines IR and visible lasers and illuminators (flashlights).

www.bluelinegear.com/lam.htm

I'd get one, but quite frankly I have had absolutely no problem with the M-6 Tactical Illuminator/Laser unit on an SIR equipped M4, and I can buy about six of them for the price of the LAM 250. The only thing I haven't done with the M6 is soak it, for swimming I'd definitely pay the extra $1200 :)
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I contacted bluelinegear.com and they confirmed that the CVL ( carbine visible laser) is LEO/Military sales only.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone looked at the OTAL (Offset Tactical Aiming Laser) by Laser Devices? You can find it here:

http://laserdevices.com

It only runs $550.00 and LEOs and agencies get a discount off that!
I just ordered one and am expecting it anyday now. I carry my M4 on the job and the OTAL seems like a really heavy duty laser according to their ads.

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Has anyone looked at the OTAL (Offset Tactical Aiming Laser) by Laser Devices?

DoorKicker6,

nobody here was able to let everybody us have a feedback about the OTAL / DBAL , as I previously requested.

PP out
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 5:17:37 AM EDT
[#18]
PincoPalla,

First off, your rifles are AWESOME!! Its a shame your way over in Italy. I'ed like to get together and shoot with you some time.
My OTAL is due to be delivered today. I have SERT/SWAT training tomorrow. I'll let you know how the OTAL works, looks and holds up as soon as I can. The company said it would be visable to around +/- 30 yards daytime, but up to 1000 yards at night. Our unit commander said we might order a few of the DBTLs if this one works out. I'm assigned to a bolt gun but I qualified with my own Colt M4 for those time I get pulled back to the entry unit. No complaints here ;-)

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=dswarlickjr&album_id=104255&image_id=8&courtesy=1

Top rail, ready and waiting!!
http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=dswarlickjr&album_id=104255&image_id=4&courtesy=1

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#20]
DoorKicker6,
thanks so much for yr words abt my babies .
I'd like to be more often in the States too,possibly with my hardware , but that's almost impossible due to the big crazy unbelievable burocracy.
May be it'll be possible to have some rock & roll together next time I'll be visiting yr country , or whenever you'll be visiting mine....

PaulE,
thanks for your prompt and clear report , as always you used to do , but I 'm interested above all in the DBAL instead of the OTAL , and it seems nobody here know anything about this super-secret-tabu'-covered-starshiptrooper DBAL........

PP out

Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#21]
PaulE,

THANKS ALOT for the review.!! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for some real "hands on" info on this thing! I hadnt heard anything and was starting to worry about the purchase. THANKS AGAIN!

PincoPalla,

As for the DBTL, all I can say is while I was ordering the OTAL I mentioned that my agency might want to look into the DBTL. I was told very quickly that it could ONLY be sold and shipped to a LE or Military agency. I know it looks almost exactly like the OTAL except it has two lasers, one on each side, and a 1913 rail on the top center for other mounting options. Its also reported to be very heavy duty, made of anodized aircraft aluminum just like the OTAL! It really looks cool on their web site too!! If we like my OTAL we'll more then likely order one for test by our unit. If we do I'll let you know and post a pic! I hope the OTAL gets here today, if so I'll pist a pic of it on my M4.

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Just saw this string. I have an OTAL on my RAS equiped M4gery. Hope this photo works.

community.webshots.com/rs1/6/14/55/32361455YcCtuc_ph.jpg

It's performance is just as Paul indicated. Seems very robust. Mount is solid. It fills in the area that is too close for my TA01NSN.
Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I hate to sound like an idiot but could someone please explain what "M4gery" means? Is that an M4 or what? I have seen it on these forums a dozen times but I cant figure out what it means? And since I'm showing my computer ignorance, what does "BTT" mean??

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#25]
BTT = Back To Top.

M4gery = Non full auto or 3 round burst copy of Colt's M4. Usually a non-Colt's and with a 16" barrel or 14.5" barrel and welded on muzzle device.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I just got the OTAL today. My first impression was "WOW, this thing is small"! But after getting it out of the box my next impression was "WOW, this thing is HEAVY DUTY"!!

Its AWESOME! I'm in the process of mounting it as I type this and will post a pic later. I'm going to the range Saturday afternoon/night for SERT/SWAT training. I'll be back here after that to let everyone know how it did.

PincoPalla,

Hey buddy, you need one of these, IR or not! This thing is made to take it! Specs say waterproof to 30 meters!!

DoorKicker6, clear..
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:PincoPalla,
Hey buddy, you need one of these, IR or not! This thing is made to take it! Specs say waterproof to 30 meters!!
DoorKicker6, clear..

PP out
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Here it is mounted. I cant wait to take it to the range tomorrow evening!!

DoorKicker6, clear..
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top