Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2012 2:06:52 PM EDT
I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this combo: a vickers 2pt with a tri-glide qd adapter. So my question is...how does it work? I love the 1 to 2 point versitility but the ms2 or ms3 isn't really what I want for this build. I'm using a DD omega x so I'd have forward qd points, as well as qd points on my vltor and end plate...so the triglde option makes the most sense, if it works that is. My arfcom search function-Fu is weak so I'm sorry if this is a frequent topic.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If I understand the question, the triglide works by being treaded into the sling (Mine sits about 4-5 inches above the receiver end QD swivel) When you want to go to one point you remove the Sling from the rail end and hook it into the Tri glide just like you would any other QD swivel adapter. I hope this answers what you are asking.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
IWC makes two types: one for standard slings and the other for slings with sewn ends.

IWC 2 to 1 point sling adapter

Click on the link and both options are on display. If you click on each you will find pictures showing how to use the adapter. They are pretty simple to use, I have one on all my 2 point slings now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I get the concept, I guess I should have made it more clear what I wanted to know...I guess I'm concerned that its more of a gimmick than a worthwhile option. How do people that have them like them? Does the triglide get in the way? How functional is the sling in 1 pt. Configuration? My dream would be using multiple qd points on the rifle as well as the tri-glide for maximum freedom in sling placement and configuration. I really like the emdom gunslinger and to a lesser extent the ms2, but would hate to waste the qd options. I also have heard nothing but good things about the vickers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Vickers padded sling w/ the triglide.  It works actually pretty good as a single point, but I am so used to 2 point ,which I like the most, that the triglide just sits there.  It is a good option to have for less than 20 bucks I guess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a Vickers padded sling w/ the triglide.  It works actually pretty good as a single point, but I am so used to 2 point ,which I like the most, that the triglide just sits there.  It is a good option to have for less than 20 bucks I guess.

It works as good as any one point I have ever used, but I always use it in 2 point I just like having the option of 1 point.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#6]
works fantastic as both single and 2 point.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up removing the triglide after trying this setup for a while and will be trying an MS3. The main issue for me was when using the sling in two-point mode (which I use 99% of the time) the triglide rode over the stock right where my cheek was supposed to be (I run a Noveske QD endplate and a SPOMOD, so this may work out totally different for you depending on your layout). No matter how I tried to position the triglide it would come up and interfere with my cheek-weld. When I ran it as close to the end-plate as I could, it would interfere with my grip, banging or scraping the top of my knuckles. Again, probably a non-issue for others who run a different setup.

The other thing is that there was no "gross motor" muscle behavior going on to plug a QD socket into the triglide, it's a tad finicky to get it in there. It didn't make sense to me, my thought being; if I want to transition to a single point configuration, I'd probably want to do that quickly (and possibly under stress). While I hate to give up my Vickers sling, the MS3 really does seem better suited to being "converted", which is a feature I'd still like to have.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a padded VCAS with a IWC tri-glide.

I also have the IWC lo profile rail mount for a TRX extreme and a mash hook on a magpul ASAP plate.

I am very pleased
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I just put this set up on my rifle a week ago.  I decided to try the VCAS after primarily using single points slings so I figured I would throw the tri glide on there to have that option.  Frankly, I like the VCAS so much that I don't really foresee using the single point option very much.  But as to the set up, it works great as a single point and I like that it is a limited rotation QD  (was a nice surprise).  It doesn't get in the way for me so I will leave it on for now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all, I'm still looking at slip options but this will probably be the setup I end up with. I used to have a spec ops patrol sling, but I didn't Ike the way it adjusted. I'm hoping the vickers is better. I'm also considering the vtac, but honestly it looks to be the same design as the spec ops. Don't get me wrong, the spec ops was a well made sling, but I'd like something with a bit more "rapid adjust" capability. As for the triglide...I doubt I'd use the sling as a 1pt too much but I like the idea of having the option. This is going to be my main go to rifle so the more modular it is, the better.
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the BFG VCAS with QD swivels and an IWC 2-1 triglide.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top