Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2010 6:41:55 PM EDT
I've been waiting about a month for the arrival of the AFG2.  The original was not a good fit for a recently built Noveske N4, as the Surefire M600 on the SWS rails would run into the "wings" and the section between the handstop and the A2-type finger groove was too long.  The wing problem is easily solved, but my medium-large hands with thin fingers were not.  I used the original AFG on a pistol build where the wings served an aesthetic purpose - covering the gap between the end of the tube and start of the rail of a Troy TRX.

The pictures came out pretty good for an entry level SLR and a studio consisting of a basement room with a 100 watt halogen ceiling fan.  Stickman I ain't.  

For reference, here are the two builds:

Here are the side by side and underside comparisons of the two AFG variants.  As you can see, the AFG2 is several rail slots shorter, and there are no wings.

This pic highlights that the distance from the A2 finger groove and the handstop is shortened.

For me, the AFG2 was a perfect fit on the narrow SWS rails of the N4.  Thanks to DSG for stocking these so quickly!
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Good comparison pics. If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you possibly put the AFG2 on the pistol build and take a pic? I would like to see how it looks sitting on a piece of rail and not a railed handguard. I currently run an AFG1 on a  MOE rail section on the MOE handguard. I am thinking about trying the AFG2 out, but I think it might look funny on a piece of rail section as the wings on the AFG1 kind of hide the exposed rail on part of it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Good comparison pics. If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you possibly put the AFG2 on the pistol build and take a pic? I would like to see how it looks sitting on a piece of rail and not a railed handguard. I currently run an AFG1 on a  MOE rail section on the MOE handguard. I am thinking about trying the AFG2 out, but I think it might look funny on a piece of rail section as the wings on the AFG1 kind of hide the exposed rail on part of it.

AFG on a pistol would be illegal AOW....

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

AFG on a pistol would be illegal AOW....

According to ATF, it is legal.  ATF AFG Letter
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Hard to argue with that.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top