BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/18/2009 10:03:31 AM EDT
At least from the picture it looks like it might work for an acceptable carry case.

Has anymore actually purchased one of these?

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
yes I have one and I've been using it for the last 2years

It works great to carry my rifle from my house to my car trunk and from my car trunk to the firing range
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Other than the color (mine is black) it looks exactly like the one I have been using for the last 2 years. It has held up just fine for my uses. No rips, tears, broken zippers or anything. I mainly use it going from the house to the range and that is about it. You will find that if you have an optic on your rifle, It will be hard to fit it in there with a magazine inserted as well. I Currently have a RRA midlenth 16" stainless bbl rifle w/ Aimpoint Comp M2. I am using a PMAG30 cut down to 20, and it barely closes, but without the magazine inserted, fits just fine.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#3]
get this instead....

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/mil-spec-plus-padded-gun-cases.aspx?a=406459

thank me by being a good shooter and Passionate Patriot

<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />
<input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" />
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

get this instead....

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/mil-spec-plus-padded-gun-cases.aspx?a=406459

thank me by being a good shooter and Passionate Patriot<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" /><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" />

You know that actually looks really good and I really like that it is for TWO AR's.

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I have it in black.  It is my range bag and has help up well over the years.  If it is the same size as mine the biggest gun you can fit in there is a 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah I have it in black.  It is my range bag and has help up well over the years.  If it is the same size as mine the biggest gun you can fit in there is a 16" barrel.

Are you talking about the one the OP was asking about or the one PreachermanMatt linked to?
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you talking about the one the OP was asking about or the one PreachermanMatt linked to?

I have the same question. Which one is he talking about?

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know which one he means...but I have the Voodoo I linked to and I love it...I have the 42" and put both my 16" middy and 20" A2 in it...it also has backpack straps and 2 deep  and padded pistol  pockets in the pocket behind the 3 exterior pockets-with concealed pocket in the liner of that... the center exterior one  is undivided, the 2 end pockets are divided for mags...plus you have the MOLLE options

<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />
<input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" />
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know which one he means...but I have the Voodoo I linked to and I love it...I have the 42" and put both my 16" middy and 20" A2 in it...it also has backpack straps and 2 deep  and padded pistol  pockets in the pocket behind the 3 exterior pockets-with concealed pocket in the liner of that... the center exterior one  is undivided, the 2 end pockets are divided for mags...plus you have the MOLLE options<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" /><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" />

I also have the Vodoo Tactical in 36"" nd love it! I bought it after I made the mistake of buying the one from Cheaper Then Dirt
. The CTD case is made by Condor. It is a cheap copy of the Vodoo Tactical case. The CTD case only holds 1 rifle and the plastic hardware broke on me several times. Condor was more responsive then CTD to the broken snaps and buckles. The Vodoo holds 2 rifles and the snaps on both the shoulder strap and backpack straps are metal. The Vodoo has addirional mole strapping to add other bags and or pouches to the case. The CTD does not, you have to take of the included pouches to change them.

Save your money and get the Vodoo Tactical case, You will not be diappointed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I also have the Vodoo Tactical in 36"" nd love it!

I took your advice and ordered my Vodoo Who Doo! Can't wait to get it!

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
get this instead....

thank me by being a good shooter and Passionate Patriot<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" /><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" />

yes, get that one:

I have 2 of the other ones refernced from CheaperThanDirt and they are great.  But the ones noted in the link have the double shoulder harness on the back of them.  This allows you to carry your rifles etc. like in a backpack.  I'll be getting one for my very very heavy DPMS 20" LR308 that probably weighs over 12lbs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the same question. Which one is he talking about?  

Sorry the cheaper than dirt case in the OP.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:41:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know which one he means...but I have the Voodoo I linked to and I love it...I have the 42" and put both my 16" middy and 20" A2 in it...it also has backpack straps and 2 deep  and padded pistol  pockets in the pocket behind the 3 exterior pockets-with concealed pocket in the liner of that... the center exterior one  is undivided, the 2 end pockets are divided for mags...plus you have the MOLLE options<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" /><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" />

I also have the Vodoo Tactical in 36"" nd love it! I bought it after I made the mistake of buying the one from Cheaper Then Dirt

. The CTD case is made by Condor. It is a cheap copy of the Vodoo Tactical case. The CTD case only holds 1 rifle and the plastic hardware broke on me several times. Condor was more responsive then CTD to the broken snaps and buckles. The Vodoo holds 2 rifles and the snaps on both the shoulder strap and backpack straps are metal. The Vodoo has addirional mole strapping to add other bags and or pouches to the case. The CTD does not, you have to take of the included pouches to change them.

Thanks for the info.  My VoDoo is now on the way......................

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#14]
OMG! I got my Voodoo HooDoo today and I am dying a 1,000 deaths over how fantastic it is!  This has got to be the best tactical soft case on the market second to none!

You guys have got to get one of these. You will thank me later!

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OMG! I got my Voodoo HooDoo today and I am dying a 1,000 deaths over how fantastic it is!  This has got to be the best tactical soft case on the market second to none!

You guys have got to get one of these. You will thank me later!

you're welcome....... enjoy
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there a significant difference between the VooDoo cases and the $50 one at SportmansGuide Linked above?  The $50 case is nice on the wallet, but everyone does seem to rave about the Voodoo's.  Is it worth the additional cost?  Carry 2 rifle's would be handy, too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is there a significant difference between the VooDoo cases and the $50 one at SportmansGuide Linked above?  The $50 case is nice on the wallet, but everyone does seem to rave about the Voodoo's.  Is it worth the additional cost?  Carry 2 rifle's would be handy, too.

the one above is a VOODOO!!!

(read the reviews)

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#18]
ha, I see it now (in the reviews). Thanks.

Well, let me ask a different question then.  Is there a difference between this $50 bag and the $80-$90 bags selling on other sites (including ebay by VooDoo themselves)?
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I got my Sportsman's Guide case in today and it is in FACT a "VOODOO" Hoo Doo and is just unbelievable. It is much better than I even imagined. I could not be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys for turning me on to this great case!
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

ha, I see it now (in the reviews). Thanks.

Well, let me ask a different question then.  Is there a difference between this $50 bag and the $80-$90 bags selling on other sites (including ebay by VooDoo themselves)?

there is none...the $60 ($55 w code SG840
)  42"case i bought from SG is the $85 Voodoo case on their site...

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-28-42-inch-molle-soft-rifle-case-padded-weapon-bag-with-backpack-straps.aspx

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I picked up my VOODOO from a local fun show for 70$ and could not be more happy with it, its awesome for the price.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I bought the case from CTD earlier this year.  It was a whole hell of a lot better than I ever expected.

Unfortunately, me being lazy and cramming everything in it resulted in a 5" rip along a seam.  I had my AR, two handguns, 500rds of ammo, tools, my full cleaning kit and case, all cramed inside it.  It lasted for a couple range trips like that until it ripped.  It wasn't so much the weight, but the fact that the case was bulging full of shit.

Some braided fishing line sewed it up pretty nice.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#24]
36 or 42, THAT is the question.

I am about to pull the trigger on this deal and am wondering what size bag would fit my needs.  I have an WASR-10 with full wood stock and a mid length collapsible stock AR.  The AK and AR are both about 34 or 35 inches.

If I get the 42" bag will the rifles still be snug and secure in their compartments?  I guess what I'm asking is how effective are the rifle straps or tie downs inside?

Thanks!

ETA: Thanks PreachermanMATT, I just ordered my bag.  I will update on the brand when it arrive (I assume it will be voodoo)

ETA2:  The 42" was too big for a 16" collapsible stock AR and an AK.  Measure your weapon and get the snuggest fitting one.  The excess bag material is cumberson.... its a whole 'nother 6"  (thats what she said )
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#25]
i think you'll be happy with 42'...straps are gtg
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I personally would go with the 36". I like my weapons nice and tight in the case and why do you need a longer bag? The padding is great and I think you will appreciate the smaller bag.

Unlike other things, smaller is better here!

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I am about to pull the trigger on this deal and am wondering what size bag would fit my needs.  I have an WASR-10 with full wood stock and a mid length collapsible stock AR.  The AK and AR are both about 34 or 35 inches.

If I get the 42" bag will the rifles still be snug and secure in their compartments?  I guess what I'm asking is how effective are the rifle straps or tie downs inside?

Thanks!

ETA: Thanks PreachermanMATT, I just ordered my bag.  I will update on the brand when it arrive (I assume it will be voodoo)

If you ordered from Cheaper then Dirt it will NOT be Vodoo Tactical. It will be the cheaper then dirt Condor unit.

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

If you ordered from Cheaper then Dirt it will NOT be Vodoo Tactical. It will be the cheaper then dirt Condor unit.

this is true...

eta to say I pack a 16" middy 6 position and an 20" A2  in mine, there is someplay with the middy from receiver to stock-but these straps are 1 1/2" velcro  and stout-if you pull hard enough it'll be tight, also if you are concerned about play wrap the area with play in a teeshirt or towel...I don't do this anymore but did at one point when I was OCD about my Ar's...but since you have a AK- you can slip the strap between the gastube and barrel, as this will 'anchor' the play

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:12:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I ordered mine from Sportsmans Guide with the $5 off coupon
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I ordered mine from Sportsmans Guide with the $5 off coupon

Me too. I got the 36" in coyote. Thanks for the info fellas.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Pics of my VooDoo 36" Case.  Ordered directly from VooDoo.  Paid a little more but I didn't mind since I knew it was what I wanted..........

Case Closed:

Front pouches open.  I use the left and right pouches for mags and the middle for earplugs, CLP, etc......

Mag Pouch close up

Pic of the front compartment open (Mag pouches are on the outside of it).  PMags are inserted into the various enclosures in this compartment.  2 of the compartments (on Rifle side) are padded for handguns....

Pic with my 16" M4gry in the case.  RRA Operator stock is fully collapsed and it has a 30rd Pmag inserted.  Optic is a Primary Arms M3 Clone with Cant. mount.

Pic of the 2nd Rifle side.  I left my PA site visable at the top as a reference.

View of the back pack straps.  These are not really useful to me but it also has a shoulder strap that aligns with the hand carry handle.......

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey guys, do you think a 37" AK would fit diagonally in the 36" case?  I kinda hate a bunch of extra case flapping around (assuming I go with the 42") and would prefer to get the smaller case.  But I want to make sure this fits too.  The other rifle that will go in is around 30", so I should be more than fine there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank for the high res pics Orion and for the description.  I've been thinking about getting this bag for a while now. Do the zippers that seal the handgun compartment have holes to lock it up?  Ca laws..
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Thank for the high res pics Orion and for the description.  I've been thinking about getting this bag for a while now. Do the zippers that seal the handgun compartment have holes to lock it up?  Ca laws..

The interior pockets for the handguns are Velcro closures.  The compartment that they are in does not have lockable zippers.  The zippers have cord pulls on them.  I would think you could get replacement metal pulls that would be lockable.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The interior pockets for the handguns are Velcro closures.  The compartment that they are in does not have lockable zippers.  The zippers have cord pulls on them.  I would think you could get replacement metal pulls that would be lockable.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Received my Voodoo Tactical Case today from The Sportsman's Guide.  It is a very nice case and exactly what I wanted!!!  Thanks to PreachermanMatt for saving me $30 over buying it direct from Voodoo Tactical on eBay.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sorry, I just want to be completely clear before I order, these cases from sportsmans guide carry TWO rifles, is that correct?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Received my Voodoo Tactical Case today from The Sportsman's Guide.  It is a very nice case and exactly what I wanted!!!  Thanks to PreachermanMatt for saving me $30 over buying it direct from Voodoo Tactical on eBay.

T&C––-yes 2 rifle case
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

T&Cā€“ā€“-yes 2 rifle case

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, I just want to be completely clear before I order, these cases from sportsmans guide carry TWO rifles, is that correct?

Yes, two rifles with padding between them. I got my 36" like the one pictured above today. It's got tons more room in it for stuff that I don't have. For the price it is well worth it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered at 42" case on black and it's great but too big for my needs. My 16" collapsible stock AR and WASR would have fit like a glove in the 36 case but have a few inches of extra space even with stock fully extended
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Brown just dropped mine off. Better than I expected and a hellova deal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Just in case someone searches Sportsman's Guide for this thing, it's not under Voodoo or molle case. Hopefully this will save some collective time.

Mil-Spec case at Sportsman's Guide
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I ordered at 42" case on black and it's great but too big for my needs. My 16" collapsible stock AR and WASR would have fit like a glove in the 36 case but have a few inches of extra space even with stock fully extended

sry bro...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#45]
No need for apologies preacher, I should have measured and known better.

Anyone wanna swap a 42 for a 36? Mines black. I'll take any color.
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Ordered a 36" case from Sportsman's last night. Should be here Wednesday.

Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I picked up a Voodoo Tactical 36" about a year ago off Fleabay and it's working out real well for my stash.
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone have a good pic of the Coyote/tan color case?  I have a lot of black already and was thinking about doing something different.
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Tag for purchase
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Bump, anyone want a 42" bag in black? I'll trade you for your 36" bag.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top