Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2009 6:01:45 PM EDT
Does anyone have a link or know where to find plans on building a plywood shooting barricade? Like the ones you see in the Magpul video / VTAC. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure if you will find any plans....but they will not be/should not be hard to build....I do not have the Magpul video yet, will order it soon, send me an IM with your email and when I d get the video, I will draw up some plans for the stations and get you a copy.....

Link Posted: 7/3/2009 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The VTAC barricade plans are in the back of Lamb's book, "Green Eyes and Black Rifles."

It's a good read, pick it up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am not sure if you will find any plans....but they will not be/should not be hard to build....I do not have the Magpul video yet, will order it soon, send me an IM with your email and when I d get the video, I will draw up some plans for the stations and get you a copy.....

Thanks and IM sent.

Link Posted: 7/4/2009 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The VTAC barricade plans are in the back of Lamb's book, "Green Eyes and Black Rifles."

It's a good read, pick it up.

Thanks, and I think I will pick it up.

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I laid one out using Google Sketch Up and built it a few months ago.  Here are the measurements I used and a link to a ZIP file containing the 3D model:

http://www.therearemanylikeit.com/barricade/barricade-1.0.zip

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks ruertar. IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I am making a couple right now, very similar to the above drawing but without the 6" cuts on the outer perimeter.
Mine are just steps of 12", which gets you two barricades from one piece of plywood.  
I made steel stands using 1" square tube.  I'm painting them today and will try to remember to post a picture or two.

ETA:  This site really needs a forum for Targets and Range Props or something like that
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ETA:  This site really needs a forum for Targets and Range Props or something like that

I agree. I just picked up 40 acres (600'x1/2 mile) and am in the middle of building a range for pistol, long range rifle and everything in between.

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#9]
As promised, here's a picture of the two I just finished today:

I kept the bottom off the ground about 6" so I can use the space between the barricade and the ground as another
shooting port.  I may add another port, maybe a round one, but I didn't want to get too many as I will be using these for
matches and I think with too many ports it could get confusing.  These came from one sheet of 4x8 plywood.  

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Barricades2.jpg

I kept the bottom off the ground about 6" so I can use the space between the barricade and the ground as another
shooting port.  I may add another port, maybe a round one, but I didn't want to get too many as I will be using these for
matches and I think with too many ports it could get confusing.  These came from one sheet of 4x8 plywood.  

Very nice!!! Could you post a pic showing how you mounted the legs to the plywood? Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Barricades2.jpg

Can you post a blueprint for that?
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea take a shot of the back side so we can see the mounting setup.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#13]
The legs are simply through-bolted to the plywood with carriage bolts.  You can see the heads of the carriage bolts in the photos above.

I don't have any blueprints, but the "steps" are 12" wide by 16" high, and I just "winged" the ports.  The square one is 6"x6", the others are 2" high, one is 10" long
and the diagonal one is about 8" long I think.

ETA:  The legs on the back are just the 1" tube going straight up from what you can see in the photo under the plywood.  The legs don't attach to each other, just to the plywood.  
I think if I did it again, I'd make the legs have a horizontal piece to help to support the plywood, but these don't have that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ETA:  The legs on the back are just the 1" tube going straight up from what you can see in the photo under the plywood.  The legs don't attach to each other, just to the plywood.  
I think if I did it again, I'd make the legs have a horizontal piece to help to support the plywood, but these don't have that.

They look good. Maybe get some channel that your thickness of plywood fits in and come up from each foot and then connect the tow feet together to form a "U" that the plywood sets in. To transport/store/replace you could pull the plywood out of the base.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks ruertar for posting the diagram!  

A buddy and I knocked out two of these.  They are too much fun!

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top