Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2009 5:54:11 PM EDT
I'm about to buy a Vickers VCAS Double A sling.  I can't decide on the padded or non padded version.  Any opinions?  Does anyone have both and could recommend one over the other?
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Padded, it won't tangle on you.  I  have the vickers padded with the qd.  Don't use anything else now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I use my padded VCAS on my heavy carbine about 11 lbs loaded with one full mag and would recommend it with heavy rifles or if you carry your firearm for a long time.

For my lightweight carbines around 8 lbs or less I prefer my standard slings without padding like my VCAS and Gear Sector GS-2P two point slings.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer 2 point slings over 1 point so I got  the non padded version which I use w/ a plate carrier. Like how the non padded version has a narrower and thinner strap which conflicts less with the plate carrier strap. If I were to use it without a plate carrier I would have gotten the padded version.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 of the Vickers Padded slings. One for my AR, and one for my Benelli M4.  I love them both, was considering going with magpul, but the lack of customer service when they first came out turned me off.  I have been through a few training sessions my Vickers Padded and it's ran like a champ.  The extra padding is nice on there for long days when packing your weapon around.  If you have the ability to run a push button QR, i'd say go for it, as it makes disconecting for cleaning your weapon easier.

On a side note i have to give props to the guys at Blackstone.  I ordered both of mine through them, and got it 2 days later both times.  They have them in stock and they ship fast.  Dig around the vendor forums, you should be able to find a AR-15.com coupon code to give free shipping.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have 2 of the Vickers Padded slings. One for my AR, and one for my Benelli M4.  I love them both, was considering going with magpul, but the lack of customer service when they first came out turned me off.  I have been through a few training sessions my Vickers Padded and it's ran like a champ.  The extra padding is nice on there for long days when packing your weapon around.  If you have the ability to run a push button QR, i'd say go for it, as it makes disconecting for cleaning your weapon easier.

On a side note i have to give props to the guys at Blackstone.  I ordered both of mine through them, and got it 2 days later both times.  They have them in stock and they ship fast. Dig around the vendor forums, you should be able to find a AR-15.com coupon code to give free shipping.

For anyone interested in the free shipping (who wouldn't be?): http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=305&t=171535
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Running it over armor, either works.

If you don't wear armor for a living, padded is much nicer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Padded doesn't seem to get twisted up during transitions nearly as much for me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Running it over armor, either works.

If you don't wear armor for a living, padded is much nicer.

It looks like I'll be going witht the padded
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top