Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2008 12:10:11 PM EDT
I need to get a new case for my AR, so that I dont always have to remove my aimpoint to store it.  I was leaning more towards a soft case because they're generally less money and more versatile.  

I really like the soft cases that have MOLLE GEAR on one side like these found on USCAV.COM.

Option 1

Option 2

Do any of you know about these or have any recommendations?

Also, I have an M4 16", should I go with a 42" or 36" case?
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need to get a new case for my AR, so that I dont always have to remove my aimpoint to store it.  I was leaning more towards a soft case because they're generally less money and more versatile.  

I really like the soft cases that have MOLLE GEAR on one side like these found on USCAV.COM.

Option 1

Option 2

I have one like the first one in OD and is way to long for an M4 go for the 36"

Link Posted: 11/10/2008 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a similar case from CTD.

16" M4 is about 32" with stock collapsed and 35" with stock extended (dependant on stock).  36" would fit but there isn't much extra room.  Keep that in mind if you plan to use it for any other long guns.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm gonna pick up a tac force just because you can hold 2 weapon systems.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a Larue Tactical discreet soft case.  It doesn't have as much room for expansion as the to examples you give bit it is more discreet.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I as well as 3 of my friends have this one.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE206-1.html

Super nice case and you will not beat the price.  It is very well made, I could not believe how nice it was when I got mine.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Sabre Defence..great Tac case 99 bucks, check it out...includes shooting mat..fits my 20 inch Varmint..
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Galati discreet case is great.  I ordered mine from wiskur.com.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a 5.11 case in 42" in flat dark earth.  Very impressive.  It's for a rifle with fixed Ace-skeleton stock and 17.5 barrel.  Came with a free 2-mag pouch already attached to the Molle loops...but someone got lazy and bypassed the lower three loops and just let it flap...2 minutes to fix, though.

This is my first venture into Molle...looks like a nice system.

The 5.11 has impressive padding, even at the ends, giving 360-degree protection.  I've always used Assault Systems cases (now they call themselves shootingsystems.com)...this 5.11 is way nicer for similar price.

A female friend, a non-shooter but very accomplished seamstress and fabric-worker, took one look at the 5.11 and was totally impressed at the design and workmanship.

However, the 5.11 stuff is made in China, which is sure to be a deal-breaker for many people, despite the obvious quality.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there anyway for you to post pics of the case from different angles and with a rifle in it?
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
This is the 42" MOLLE rifle case from Cheaper Than Dirt.  I've been hauling my AR around in it for the last six months with no complaints.  It has the MOLLE straps on either side of the exterior pouches for additional storage, which I have never needed.  Great case at a great price.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2008 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm actually about to order this right now. I'm gonna order the 42 I think though, not the 36. altough I do like snug fitting cases, I might carry a sniper rifle which might be too small for this.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=406459
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm actually about to order this right now. I'm gonna order the 42 I think though, not the 36. altough I do like snug fitting cases, I might carry a sniper rifle which might be too small for this.

Which one are you buying?
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the 42" MOLLE rifle case from Cheaper Than Dirt.  I've been hauling my AR around in it for the last six months with no complaints.  It has the MOLLE straps on either side of the exterior pouches for additional storage, which I have never needed.  Great case at a great price.  

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk62/Make_It_In_Mass/DSC00414.jpg

why no MOLLE attachments in the pics that their website has? I don't wanna get one without the MOLLE
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Out of all the ones that I have seen so far, the Voodoo Tactical case looks like the best.  Does anyone know for sure?

Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the one I linked. I think one on cheaperthandirt is the same thing, but 5 bux less... altough I don't see MOLLE attachments next to the pouches on the chepaerthandirt one (the pics)

I can't decide on 36 or 42. I really do like tight fitting bags, but what if I get something sligthly longer and it won't fit?
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out of all the ones that I have seen so far, the Voodoo Tactical case looks like the best.  Does anyone know for sure?

I really like the shoulder straps as an option!  Check these out:

Voodoo case 1
Voodoo Case 2
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the one I linked. I think one on cheaperthandirt is the same thing, but 5 bux less... altough I don't see MOLLE attachments next to the pouches on the chepaerthandirt one (the pics)

I can't decide on 36 or 42. I really do like tight fitting bags, but what if I get something sligthly longer and it won't fit?

I am having the same dilema, 36" or 42"?
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#18]
http://tac-force.com/tts.aspx

Great cases for the money. I have two. You can find them cheaper from a shop vs. ordering from their website.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am having the same dilema, 36" or 42"?

decisions decisions. i'm stuck as well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I just measured my shotgun, its like 41 inches.... FWIW and if u wanna carry a shotgun, 36 is too small.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I know that I want one that looks like this but in either FDE or ACU:

http://www.borelliconsulting.com/evals/other/images/voodoo36.jpg

I just dont know which maker and/or where to get a quality one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I like some of these you guys are posting.  I currently have an Uncle Mikes 36 inch tactical softcase.  I like it but I am getting ready to buy another AR and I am thinking I would go with that vodoo #2 one
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

edit *(standard means a carbine length/m4)
I ordered one off their website and just got it in today.  The 36 has a divider in the middle can can carry two ar15's or whatever else.  It seems well built for something to carry from closet to the back of my 8 mpg suv, into a tool box or trunk and then to a range or even into the woods.  The 36 fits a standard ar with a six position stock in all but the last position and an eotech on a flat top you can even keep a 30 round in it if you need/like, you can probably get a carry handle with a red dot in their (with no mag in) but I havent tried.  padding is very good, to the point i would  drop my rifle in the case from 4 feet and not be too worried.  It also comes with a single shoulder and a set of back pack style straps to carry in style.  It has a lot of other small pockets inside different parts of the case with either zipper or Velcro closures.  Buckles are all plastic, but seem durable, D rings for straps are metal and solidly attatched, zippers seem A grade.  even has a spot front and center with Velcro for a name patch that is shipped with a black piece to keep it clean if unused.

My complaints, [1] the only big one, the case looks like it has molle webbing all the way across the front; it does NOT.  there are 5 molle straps with three loops on each end, the rest of the front has stitched on pockets, normally this would really suck, but the pockets are good, there is a long one with two padded pockets inside that one for a handgun each (or whatever) and a coupe of zippered ones for papers, cleaning kit ect.  on top of that long pocket are three more, two that are perfect for mags (even pmags with ranger plates) and all three are tightenable, as is the rest of the bag via either bungie straps or regular straps.  Regardless of being well done, if you are looking at the voodoo bag so you can remove all the crap and attach your own molle modules, this is not your buy.  But if you want a bag with great built in pockets this will do it.
[2] why not put molle webbing on the other side of the bag? (dont look for any on this one, its not their, only 4 D rings for a back pack or well done home made attachment.  I will say though that the 4 D rings work well to hook your case onto the back of a hiking (or similar) pack
The only other dislike I have, [3] when you have two rifles (or a lotta crap) in the bag the built it top carry handle is very tight, it could use an extra inch of strap to give you room for your hand.  

I realize people have already reviewed it all over the place but I still had wonders before I ordered mine so I thought I would give my own (and I have nothing to do till monday) All in all, its a great bag, one(or two) standard length ar fit perfect Comfortably carries a lot of other crap (mags handgunds cleaning papers some boxes of ammo).  The sportsmans guide also did a great job, shipped fast and gave me a coupon for 5 off 50 and 10 off 100 for next time, shipped fast and gave me a tracking number.  All of the bags they sell from the link are the voodoo brand.  **There is a coupon code in this thread for 5 bucks off your order.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Diplomat 36" case will hold 2 ARs without VFGs quite nicely if you face them opposite directions...

LA Police Gear

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#25]
i got an Eagle for my m&p15 and love it. very well made!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Option 1

Option 2

I have one like the first one in OD and is way to long for an M4 go for the 36"

I just got one in black from a gun show for $40.00.  Best investment I've ever made. I got a LMT M4 with a 16" barrel and it fits in the 36" case just fine. Plus the bag has a lot of pouches and room for other accessories so you can "categorize" your accessories.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not the same bag.  The CTD one is designed to hold 1 gun (although you could probably stuff 2, if you're creative), the Sportsman Guide is designed for 2 guns and has a divider.

The SportsmanGuide case (Voodoo Tactical brand) seems to be the better buy.  I ordered the 46" Coyote Tan, and it should be shipping today.  The deal breaker for me was having the divider, which the CTD one doesn't have (also, CTD won't see another penny from me, for other reasons).

Here's the Voodoo Tactical case that Sportsman guide has, with the divider:

In this thread I started, I found a coupon code for $5 off.  It's toward the bottom, in one of my posts.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=442052

I'm going to post pictures when I get it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#28]

I got this one with my LWRC CSAT Rifle Package and it is very well made and holds it's shape well. I've seen some of the more cheaply made ones damn near collapse under their own weight.  Bill T.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I have gotten away from bulky bags and really like the new light and low-profile BlueForce Gear bags.  The one I have holds up to a 10.5" SBR or a broken down 16" carbine; it has a divider inside to protect both halves and it has an elastic mag holder and a pocket for paperwork/tax stamp info.  And best of all it is made in the f'n USA unlike most other bags on the market.  Dont put your American made AR in a Chinese POS.  

Cheers

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#30]
tac force tts
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I own all Eagle cases and love them, great quality.  On the topic of size, I own the smallest bag possible (most 16 in. barrels fit nicely in a 34 in. case).  KISS is good in my book, so I prefer cases such as this one with all in one:

Eagle Case for 16 in. Barrels
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got my Voodoo 42" from Sportsmans Guide today.  Coyote Tan.  Haven't even unzippped it yet, but it looks better than I anticipated!
On their website, it is advertised as Mil-spec Plus.  But it is Voodoo tactical.  Great price.
Probably not the best, but is has the features that the more expensive cases have.  
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/mil-spec-plus-padded-gun-cases.aspx?a=406459

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#34]

That's the one I want––-if they'll ever make it in a color other than basic black.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Hybrid tech. It's a soft case w/ a flexible, hard internal shell. 4 mag pockets and a side zip pocket that a full size glock will fit in. $35
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I've got the 5.11 bag in 36" and dark brown earth.  Works like a champ.  Comes with a shoulder strap and USCAV sent the double mag pouch.
<––––––––––––-

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#37]
i have the vodoo tactical in 36" in FDE. i like the extra pockets plus you can fit 2 rifles.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Picked up a 5.11 VTAC case some months back on sale at LA Police Gear.  I believe it was $44 and came with the double mag pouch.

Excellent 36" case.

LaRue morale patches extra

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I like the Assault Systems cases.  Just a rifle case with some mag pouches on the side.  Nothing really tacticool like all these others, but they are made well, have quality components, and work good...like the inner barrier between the rifle and the zipper.

Everything else can go in the range bag.

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#40]
You asked about the best soft case w/ MOLLE and capable of handling 2 long guns.  IMO that is the 5.11 Tactical 36" Double Rifle Case.

It is $140 at LA Police Gear w/ free shipping.

They also have a 42" version for $160 w/ free shipping.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#42]
My favorite to date was the 36"  5.11 VTAC Carbine Case until one came broken and so I bought an Eagle LE Discreet Case instead and I have never looked back...
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

VooDoo is the way to go. I was gifted the 36"
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I really like the quality of my 5.11 double gun case.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a 36" Condor case in coyote tan. I like it alot–– especially the MOLLE pouches. I say go for a 42". I keep a 16" M4gery w/ 6 position stock in my bag, but it does not fit with the stock fully extended.

Also, I have a Nikon Buckmaster attached to this particular rifle. It fits in the case on the rifle, but just barely. I always have careful to position it just right.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You asked about the best soft case w/ MOLLE and capable of handling 2 long guns.  IMO that is the 5.11 Tactical 36" Double Rifle Case.

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/policestuff_2050_6200149.jpg

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/policestuff_2050_6320884.jpg

It is $140 at LA Police Gear w/ free shipping.

They also have a 42" version for $160 w/ free shipping.

thissssssssssssss trust me, i've had them all (eagle, blackhawk, etc.)
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#48]
I love my Boyt "Tactical Gun Cases", I have both the 36" and 41" cases in black. They are pricey (I didn't and wouldn't buy them from their website, I ordered them a while back from my local shop for $95.00 each) but they are by far my favorite cases out of all that I have. The fact that they are recatgular and devoid of obvious logos makes them very nicely discreet, heck I could probably pass 'em off as keyboard cases to the sheeple.
The 36" fits my 16" 6920 with the SOPMOD stock about halfway extended and the 41" fits my M16A4'gery snuggly; both have adjustable velcro-type straps that hold the rifles in place. The outer pouch has MOLLE loops that allow customizable selection and placement of pouches bags and accessories. The Cases come with two each two-pocket mag pouches. My 36" case holds three each two-mag pouches, for a total of 6 mags and a small rectangular pouch that holds my cleaning kit and lube. The 41" can hold one more two-mag pouch than the 36".

Gratuitous Case and Gun Pron:

-RainierHooker
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top