Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 10:12:30 AM EDT
What bipods (other than Harris) are available for the AR platform? I remember seeing one that had adjustable legs and flat metal feet with three corners folded over to form spikes.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#1]
There are Versa-Pods, GG&G bipods, the new Tango Down bipod.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the GG&G unit hands down. I have one of the new Tango down units and I'm not impressed
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would go with the GG&G unit hands down. I have one of the new Tango down units and I'm not impressed

Why not? Please elaborate
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]

I have standardized on the GG&G unit. They work and don't have exposed springs (Harris)  that will get tangled vegetation.  I have not used the TD unit (so no comment on function) and don't see a need to look at another bipod.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I also have the GG&G and I love it.

I swap it out between my M4 and my rifle.  One of these days I will just buy another one.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't usually use bipods but I have a heavy duty non-swivel GG&G and I'm satisfied with it.

My only other bipod is a USGI M14 bipod which I sometimes use with my Springfield M1A rifle.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]
This Versapod- don't know if for civie sales or not.

First or second one from the top

http://versapod.com/m_h/military/military_products_pr.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
POF sells a Raptor

www.pof-usa.com/POF-USA%20PRODUCTS-%20AR%20PARTS.htm[/quote
]

Yeah, those look hot! Any one have one?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an NcStar picatinny mounted bipod. Link here. It's an el cheapo, $30 off of ebay, new. No complaints here. I didn't see much sense in paying over $100 for a hunk of metal to rest my rifle on. Plus it has probably a 40 degree swivel, folds backward/frontward, comes on and off easy, just like the $100+ bipods. And seems very well constructed and sturdy for a $30 bipod. I've heard bad things of the quality of Ncstar but I think their bipod is well worth the price.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Whats the difference between the standard and heavy duty as far as weight and size?
Link Posted: 4/26/2006 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I was torn between the GG&G and the TD but decided to go with the TD because it seemed to have less in the way of stuff sticking out to catch on things.  I just got it the other day so all I have to go on is a couch commando session or two, but so far I like it.  I have a rail fore-end and the legs tuck in between the rails nicely so even with them folded back it's comfortable in the hand.  It may be a tad tall for prone, but from what I gather it's designed to be used with 30rd magazines hence the height.  Feels good from a table top.  It does have a plastic-y feel to the legs, but then so do several other parts of my rifle!
Link Posted: 4/26/2006 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I have also been looking for a good bipod... But since I'll just be using it on the bench, I can't see spending the big bucks on the GG&G. Has anyone used the Caldwell Prone Bipod? Looks smooth, no springs,  just nice and tidy. Found some new on flebay for 45.00, see the link for the description->

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=132109

and

http://www.gunaccessories.com/Caldwell/bipods.asp

Thinking about getting one...
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 5:47:59 AM EDT
[#14]
So who sells GG&G in the industry?  I go through all the sellers sites and none mention GG&G?
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So who sells GG&G in the industry?  I go through all the sellers sites and none mention GG&G?

I got mine from ADCO Firearms last December but they are out of stock now.

Here's a link for PK Firearms, they have the standard swivel and non swivel models.

If you can't find any model that you like, you could order it directly from the GG&G website if you wish.

PK Firearms website GG&G link

GG&G website link
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#16]
yea I had thought about ordering right of the site but I would like to support board business's first  if at all possible.
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
yea I had thought about ordering right of the site but I would like to support board business's forst it at all possible.

I understand, I do the same thing but sometimes if everybody in the industry are all out of stock and I needed the part ASAP, that's the only time I go straight to the mfg.

PK Firearms is an industry partner and I see Operation Parts (also an industry partner) have a couple of GG&G models available.

Good luck.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top